L.E.D. Bulb Conversion/Cross Reference List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake720

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I switched my cluster bulbs and if I twist the new ones in all the way they will not power on. If I barely twist them they do come on. The problem is now when I drive they flicker off and on constantly and is driving me nuts. Ant suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Caleb01Hoe

Reaction score
I was building my cart and i cant remember if you have to buy replacement twistlocks for the dash bulbs. Can you just reuse the stock ones? Or do i have to purchase new ones for the bulbs i replace with led's.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was building my cart and i cant remember if you have to buy replacement twistlocks for the dash bulbs. Can you just reuse the stock ones? Or do i have to purchase new ones for the bulbs i replace with led's.

for the 00-02 you will need to buy new twist locks.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
I cant figure out how to replace the glove box bulb. i tried really hard to pull it out without breaking it and couldnt get it out. Am I missing something?

sunpialia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

LED Lights have a low power consumption and long and predictable lifetime.The lifetime of LED street lights is usually 10 to 15 years, three times the life of current technologies adopted. LEDs also have low maintenance cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey anybody have a complete interior parts list for the LED conversion. This thread changes and would like a list for everything that's current. This will be for an 02 Yukon xl.

Thanks in advanced,

Chris

Last edited:

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming the lights are the same as my 02 tahoe, you need 194 LEDs for. Each door, I have four total. The floor lamps/courtesy lights are 194s also. The dome lights need 578 festoon bulbs. The 9-led worked great for me. The rear dome light I think just has one bulb, but it may have three, the center dome light has three of these. If you have map lights in the front, they use the 194 LEDs that the doors and floor lights use.
If you want to do the exterior puddle lights under the side mirrors, you will need two more festoon bulbs.
Also, the license plate bulbs are 194s as well.
The glove box (if you want to change everything) uses one 194 bulb

So to do all of these you need:

11 -194 LEDs
6 (maybe 8)- 578 festoon LEDs

I ordered mine from superbrightleds.com and would recommend them to get your LEDs.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo