Koala's 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man but damn u guys. I ordered my nnbs shifter found whole assembly leather wrapped for 50 ..thought it was a pretty good deal. even if all I need is the the handle LOLView attachment 215719

Yes that does look great.

And the peer pressure is all too real. You do something cool or see a tip for maintenance, then somebody else mentions something.

Then you start surfing eBay or Amazon reading the TYF and you find that shifter you don’t really need maybe not even want, but it is too tempting to pass up.

It’s only $50...oh no worries I got this!

Damn you TYF!

But then again when you have that burning question you need answered about something and everybody has an answer or is a PM away. Now that is worth its weight in gold for that killer little mod or maintenance tip.

And everytime I see your thread come up - Australia comes to mind.

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today my NNBS shifter, and esky cowl came in today, so did my dual USB port so I dont have it hiding in the glove box and can be placed where It was originally planned.

So dumb question what did u guys do for antenna just dont use radio anymore? or was it relocated?

20190208_175901.jpg
20190208_180038.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did both.

I don’t listen to FM. Spotify is on pretty much 100% of the time.

I put the antenna under the lip of the passenger fender and zip tied it there.

I can still get reception if I want, even if not totally clear.

Stealth and that Esky cowl is a winner. Smooth.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I tried zip tying and laying down the antenna along the inner fender, but reception was just about non existant, so I took it off and twisted copper wire where the antenna screwed to the base and ran it along the passenger side, under the(upper) door weatherstripping. I ran a long piece, at least 6'. Reception is much better.

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect thanks guys great attack plan I'll try both that was my original idea @Tonyrodz I was going to try and use some 24g and tuck it up the seal for the windsheild. I dont use radio much but not going to compromise want to have it as an option :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Have the esky cowl too. Laid the antenna down and zip tied inside the fender and lost half my radio stations and the other half are staticy. But that’s fine because I’d rather listen to silence than these garbage stations up here. That’s why I never tried to run a wire up the windshield, otherwise I’ve heard reception works much better that way like tony said.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the esky cowl too. Laid the antenna down and zip tied inside the fender and lost half my radio stations and the other half are staticy. But that’s fine because I’d rather listen to silence than these garbage stations up here. That’s why I never tried to run a wire up the windshield, otherwise I’ve heard reception works much better that way like tony said.

Exactly this. But Tony has the answered. Can’t lose either way. You have the Esky cowl and that is the win. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157