Koala's 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice plan. I feel ya on waiting to do handles until you have to open the doors up lol. I'm in the same boat.

Please dont spare details or pics on the 2nd battery install. Very interested in this mod, seems pretty simple but I always over think stuff:smh:

No Problems :) if wanted i may even be able to put together a full how to on this process for our tahoes if there's an interest. I just got 20ft of 1/0 wire ordered still trying to figure out what i want to do on my battery setup in the end, Thinking of NorthStar AGM's

Well today i decided to see if i could work out my P0455 & P0449 codes that my truck was
throwing for evap system tired of seeing my Check Engine Light :nolol:. I looked though and saw that the shop had done the purge value on the intake when i was up in maryland for work. So i ordered the ACDelco 214-2149 Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid Scored on amazon under 15 bucks and a new gas cap, worth cheap stuff first all i have is a BAFX Elm 327 reader, to pull codes.

These two items have been sitting on my table since last wednesday, so i got around to getting these on today, After i broke a clip on the hose for the vapor canister i got everything pulled and the new one put back in looked at the clip figured a zip-tie would keep it secure for a little while so i can replace that now.

Good news is it seems to have cleared up my evap leak codes and the truck is running good again its weird i had no issues filling at the pump, but there was no pressure built up when releasing gas cap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my door handles back from painter they came out really good, maybe to good for my doors I got my first door opened up changed handle, swivel adapter and a long extension made this possible without pulling regulator or having to mess with window
20181106_115753.jpg

20181107_184355.jpg

Attach1827_20181107_180127.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Productive day today, I got my front doors hit with some more sound deadner, and all of my door handles changed out
20181110_175526.jpg
20181110_175516.jpg
need to get the back gate handle down to the painter so I can have them all change out, tomarrow I may get wires ready for second battery under hood

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been busy, but happy Thanksgiving everyone today I was able to get my alt on I ordered a 270 amp Custom Electric Services. The stock cable was to short due to the fact that the post was on the top of the new alt instead of on the back like the old one, I ended up making a new cable from the alt to the battery distribution block. Since I used 1/0 I had to trim out the cover for the block to accommodate the larger lug. Also put my airaid in a couple of weeks ago.
20181112_180103.jpg
20181122_135616.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE