Killswitch?!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just wired this in, I think I will add a switch on the buzzer circuit because its really loud and the LED is enough of a reminder that I forgot to disable the killswitch. The relay is mounted against the firewall in the engine compartment, the LED is in the dash compartment where the stock stereo mounts on some models. The killswitch is a cargo lamp switch I pulled at the wreckers and installed in an empty port next to my rear wiper switch. The buzzer is the same style as used on a electric scissor lift as a off-level warning (really bloody loud on constant tone) and is mounted under the dash behind a cross-member so its hard to rip out. I also wired in a second switch in line with the "cargo lamp switch" that I have hidden very well and that I plan to leave in the closed position except when I really want to keep it locked down. I left the horn out of the system for the time being until I get used to it, so I dont piss off the people I live around.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• killswitch.jpg
    killswitch.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 49

serg2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello new guy here. I wanted to know if anyone here knows wire color codes under the steering column for ignition and for the driver side power mirror down left right up. I want to install a killswitch relay on a 2003 GMC Yukon. A friend of mines had one hooked to the side mirror down or left and to ignition wires and to start the truck he would push down or right to start it. He doesnt have truck no more and he didn't install it, he bought truck with it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello new guy here. I wanted to know if anyone here knows wire color codes under the steering column for ignition and for the driver side power mirror down left right up. I want to install a killswitch relay on a 2003 GMC Yukon. A friend of mines had one hooked to the side mirror down or left and to ignition wires and to start the truck he would push down or right to start it. He doesnt have truck no more and he didn't install it, he bought truck with it.
take off the plastic housing and metal shield under the steering column the ignition wires are the big thick ones yellow is one of them, I would advise being careful with what you mess with under there you could cause other problems if things are done wrong. the gm upfitter guide may have more details on the wires

also there is some really good information on a website called www.the12volt.com

serg2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
take off the plastic housing and metal shield under the steering column the ignition wires are the big thick ones yellow is one of them, I would advise being careful with what you mess with under there you could cause other problems if things are done wrong. the gm upfitter guide may have more details on the wires

also there is some really good information on a website called www.the12volt.com

I am not to savvy when trying to read schematics but if i was shown i can do the work. So i just went another route and looked under the fuse box under the hood and picked the starter wire to the relay cut it and put an off an on switch and hid the switch. It wont start unless i turn on switch. Thanks for the info.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to install the Silencer kits, but I dont think they are in business anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71