Killswitch?!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Instructions make it sound easy. I'm used to messing rc cars so!!! I do have one ? Do I run the jumper wire from terminal 30 to 85 or 86?

85, I fixed my post. That was a typo. 86 should be the ground wire from your switch, 85 should be jumpered to 30, the key side of the starter wire.

OP
OP
jeffyrc

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
Would radio shack have the stuff I need? Scotty thanks alot for all your input. Going to do this as soon as I get my truck back. Boy I can't wait, got alot of stuff lined up.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would radio shack have the stuff I need? Scotty thanks alot for all your input. Going to do this as soon as I get my truck back. Boy I can't wait, got alot of stuff lined up.

Yes, radio shack should have 12V relays.

also, when you run wiring, make sure you take the time to make it look like the factory wiring. and you also want to make sure you hide the switch very good or else it's not worth installing. imo

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hide the switch well, but remember where you hide it. i bumped mine one time on a trip,and felt like a complete ass at the gas station, when i couldnt get started again, had a brilliant moment when i remembered my kill switch. afterwards wife and i had a good laugh at being dumb.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way to do it if you dont already have an alarm is with a relay and a switch. Cut the starter wire and wire it to a relay and also wire the positive horn wire (under the hood) to the relay. When you flip the kill switch on to engergize the relay, the relay will then reroute the voltage to the horn wire when the starter wire is energized. So if somebody tries to start it with the kill switch on, it will not only not start, but it will honk the horn each time he tries to start !! This can all be done for under 20 bucks in parts.

I have this setup on my truck, but it was on it when i purchased it, here is a picture of all the relays and wires

Picture008.jpg

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this setup on my truck, but it was on it when i purchased it, here is a picture of all the relays and wires

Picture008.jpg

lol, if i was trying to steal your truck and i saw all that shit, i would leave your truck alone for sure. :D

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe if you leave your truck sitting for 5 years...but unless you mess something up the relay shouldnt draw anything near enough to kill it

Reaction score
Thanks, thats the work-around I was thinking. I like the horn idea a lot, I think I will wire in a interior horn on its own circuit just for giggles. In retrospect, I dont really want to have to clean feces from my drivers seat after some idiot trys to jack my ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent