Kenwood Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So all the radios mentioned above have a depth of 6-2/16 inch. I'm looking to install a Kenwood DDX9906XR with depth of 6-5/16 inch. Would that radio still fit? I don't want to purchase and it doesn't.

Thanks

I would have to think so.

I installed the rubber "leg" on the back of mine to hold the back of the radio up just like the factory stereo had...

rps20210409_151440_661.jpg

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So all the radios mentioned above have a depth of 6-2/16 inch. I'm looking to install a Kenwood DDX9906XR with depth of 6-5/16 inch. Would that radio still fit? I don't want to purchase and it doesn't.

Thanks
I think the depth concern with with the location of the rear plugs. If they are at the top of the unit, it may not fit. If they are at the bottom of the unit, it shouldn't be a problem. As others have mentioned, I too have a Kenwood unit in my 2010. Currently I have a DMX4707, but previously I had a DDX395.

BobBuilder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a pioneer double din in my 2011 Tahoe.
I had to do some cutting as well but it's only to let the wiring fit and whag ever you chose to hook your radio up with to your vehicle. Crutchfield tells you it won't fit because of the wiring issues. I watched Five Star Car Stereo on YouTube and they had plenty of video5that walk you through GM installs using Pac auto and Maestro.

randyg

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2011 Tahoe LTZ. It has the Bose sound system and I want to replace the radio with an aftermarket DVD radio and have Andriod Auto and keep the rear DVD entertainment system.

When I talked to Crutchfield they told me that there is limited space/depth to get an aftermarket radio and suggested a JVC radio.

My question is there any Kenwood radios that will work or fit? I prefer Kenwood as I have one installed in my 01 Tahoe.

randyg

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2011 Tahoe LTZ. It has the Bose sound system and I want to replace the radio with an aftermarket DVD radio and have Andriod Auto and keep the rear DVD entertainment system.

When I talked to Crutchfield they told me that there is limited space/depth to get an aftermarket radio and suggested a JVC radio.

My question is there any Kenwood radios that will work or fit? I prefer Kenwood as I have one installed in my 01 Tahoe.

I have a 2011 Yukon with a Kenwood DDX9902S. It fits fine and required an add on to utilize the Boze system (I have no rear DVD in mine). The fit is fine, the camera works, but I hate the unit. Over the years it has become very slow to "boot up" which drives me crazy. From turning it on, it's often 45 seconds before any audio is available...you just get the annoying start screen. If I could go back, I'd opt for something else.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon with a Kenwood DDX9902S. It fits fine and required an add on to utilize the Boze system (I have no rear DVD in mine). The fit is fine, the camera works, but I hate the unit. Over the years it has become very slow to "boot up" which drives me crazy. From turning it on, it's often 45 seconds before any audio is available...you just get the annoying start screen. If I could go back, I'd opt for something else.

I bought the DDX9906 for my 01 Tahoe back in 2019 and I haven't noticed much slowdown on the HU.

I ordered the same radio and all the suggested idatalink for the 2011 and should be installing it this weekend. I looked at a few Youtube videos so I have ideas on how to install it. I like the ability that I can retain all factory features with the meastro.