Kenwood Dnx5120 Install with Bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I either have the worse luck or i'm the biggest rookie ( I feel it is a combo of each )

Does anyone else have this problem, I wired my Kenwood up with e RP5-GM11... everything was working perfect, great module. Then once I bolted everything in place, stuck the huge module in the pocket in the back on the driverside, I turned the car on.. and no volume.. of course the remote wire came loose. So I re-connected the wire, and went to power on the head unit and now I have no power at all... same problem as before when i started this thread..

Am i just an idiot, or does this happen to other people. Is there some kind of serge protector circuit that is busting inside the head unit itself? Well I gave it like 30 minutes and went back and installed everything and now everything is working properly.

EDIT: Now the next morning on my way to work everything was working fine, I stopped into quicktrip to grab a drink.. and went back out to the yukon and now the headunit magically doesn't work anymore. I just going to pull it out and buy a new one, and trash this one.

Last edited:

seansmitty42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a dnx5120, in a chevy pickup. i dont have bose or navigation but i am having the same problem. i got mine to turn on once and thats it. the head unit worked perfectly the time it turned on now nothing.. no fuses blown or anything.

OP
OP
E

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a dnx5120, in a chevy pickup. i dont have bose or navigation but i am having the same problem. i got mine to turn on once and thats it. the head unit worked perfectly the time it turned on now nothing.. no fuses blown or anything.

I know this was an old post.. I never found a fix to this problem.. ended up selling the kenwood and the person i sold it to said it worked fine in their car. Weird problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24