Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
First engine oil analysis complete.

Here is Blackstone labs report...
rps20190123_173356.jpg

Keep in mind I am running a dual remote mount oil filter setup and each of those dual filters is more than twice the size of the stock oil filter so, in theory, I have about 4.5 times the filtering capabilities of the stock filter.

I also have an external oil cooler and run Mobil 1 5w30 extended performance 15k mile full synthetic oil.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Stage 8 locking header bolts finally arrived today...

rps20190128_192532-jpg.215127

rps20190128_192602_401-jpg.215128

rps20190128_192633_322-jpg.215129

You will notice that these are marked as fitting a 2014 Corvette C7...
rps20190128_192824_746-jpg.215130

That alone should make the Burb faster...
rps20190128_193140_484-jpg.215131

Not to mention how many HP the Stage 8 sticker is worth... lol

Now I've just gotta wait for my brother and son to find the time.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Also been pondering on these wheels for a minute....
rps20190128_203058_619.jpg

I love the look of the old Iroc wheels.

I never thought I would like the black centers on the white LTZ... I was honestly thinking about staying with chrome but the ones without the black centers show the hole in the spoke more which I don't really like.

Wish I could find a good Iroc copy but finding one in a 6 lug is hard to do.

Any thoughts???

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the bolts come with the header?

never mind lol

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also been pondering on these wheels for a minute....
View attachment 215136

I love the look of the old Iroc wheels.

I never thought I would like the black centers on the white LTZ... I was honestly thinking about staying with chrome but the ones without the black centers show the hole in the spoke more which I don't really like.

Wish I could find a good Iroc copy but finding one in a 6 lug is hard to do.

Any thoughts???

I normally find that 6-, 7- and maybe 8-spoke wheels look the best on these. But I'm diggin how those look in the pic. Maybe it's the stance that makes the wheels more befitting.

What I'm questioning is how well they'll play with the chrome bits, being black and machined (somewhat shiny aluminum). Have you ever considered de-chroming? I don't mean that in a persuasive tone. Just saying that those wheels might really fit a color-matched body and you may kickstart a total theme change. Otherwise, you may wanna stick to something more shiny. Maybe a view from another angle that shows the chrome handles and mirror caps would give you a better visual.

Oh- I had the Stage 8 bolts on my S10. Never a problem and I don't recall installing them being much of a hassle, either. They were a one-and-done deal, never a leak.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It funny there is a love/hate with that style wheel.

I like them.

But iamdub makes a great point that the stance is making that wheel fit nicely IMO.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I normally find that 6-, 7- and maybe 8-spoke wheels look the best on these. But I'm diggin how those look in the pic. Maybe it's the stance that makes the wheels more befitting.

What I'm questioning is how well they'll play with the chrome bits, being black and machined (somewhat shiny aluminum). Have you ever considered de-chroming? I don't mean that in a persuasive tone. Just saying that those wheels might really fit a color-matched body and you may kickstart a total theme change. Otherwise, you may wanna stick to something more shiny. Maybe a view from another angle that shows the chrome handles and mirror caps would give you a better visual.

Oh- I had the Stage 8 bolts on my S10. Never a problem and I don't recall installing them being much of a hassle, either. They were a one-and-done deal, never a leak.

I've thought about dechroming but then I put the Esky rack on and it really brings out the chrome accents.

That is also why I wish I could find some real Iroc wheels in chrome.

Maybe someone makes them in chrome instead of machined... who knows... I had originally thought I wanted the "snowflake" wheels but it seems lile everyone has them so I want something different.

That pic came from the website I was looking at replica wheels on. They have a "view your ride" type of thing where you pick your vehicle and cam swap to different wheels to get an idea of how they look... unfortunately you can't rotate the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia