Just wanted to share

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss, Sam, but I'll bet it warmed Ken's heart to see you get that put together for him. As a 'doer' he was probably frustrated that he couldn't do it himself, and you made his day. Reminds me a bit of my Dad, RIP, although with him it was carpentry.

Love the pics of you two together! I know that you'll keep him close in your memories and enjoy them; it's what we have to do here on earth.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry about you and your wife’s loss Sam. It sounds like you took care of something that had been weighing heavily on Kens mind and in taking care of that for him you allowed him to find his peace so he could move on. You’re a good man Sam Harris.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy but thats a good thing cause that means you guys shared awesome memories together and had something special that most people miss out on. Like Everyone here said you gave him one of the greatest gifts one can a completed project and peace of mind knowing that he has you to take care of the ones he loves. Keep up the good work on being an awesome person and in time the sadness will turn into just fond memories. Stay Strong

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
As was said before, it gave him peace to know that the cars were ready and they could be sold for his wife. He cared about everyone else right up to the end. So sorry to hear about you and the family's loss. It especially hits home with me knowing he was a patriot, like yourself. I had a '71 El Camino but not as nice as those two rigs. Remember, he will be in your hearts every day moving forward. Plus, great looking shop he had there. Definitely a man cave.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My deepest condolences to you and your family, Sam. Ken sounds like a special guy. It certainly takes more than DNA to make a father. He clearly knew that well. The best thing you can do for him right now is to take good care of your wife.

drod1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m sorry for your loss, my mother is fighting cancer right now. Celebrate his life, be there for your wife and live life to its fullest my brother. God bless you and your family now and forever.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam, You have my deepest condolences. I am so glad to hear that you were able to spend some great time doing and being with your father-in-law in his last days. Those are times you will cherish and he cherished as well.

Cancer is such a evil thing. Your story hit me really hard when you first posted as my mother, who is battling Stage 4 colon cancer was in the ICU when you posted and we weren’t sure if she would make it. She is doing better and out of ICU, but is not out of the woods yet.

07YUKONXL534x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking back on losing my father in law, there are so many things I wish I could have done differently. You gave him one last gift before passing. Something he wish he had not left undone and you finished it for him. What a blessing he could sit down in that car again. You know that brought him tremendous joy before he left this earth. Good on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094