Just Wanted To Say Farewell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just heard yesterday, on the radio, that vehicle prices have topped out and will be heading down. I cannot remember the source of the info though. Do I believe it? Hell, I got no idea.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just heard yesterday, on the radio, that vehicle prices have topped out and will be heading down. I cannot remember the source of the info though. Do I believe it? Hell, I got no idea.

I think if Ben Bernanke, one of the smartest people in the world when it comes to economics, can testify to congress in 2007 that the sub-prime mortgage problem was "well contained", am I listening to some schmuck with a minor in economics forecast where auto prices are going? Ah... no. ;)

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just one more datapoint: My next-door neighbor is a buyer for Carmax corporate and has been correctly forecasting the rise in used car prices to me for the past year. He tried to convince me to hang on to our 2018 4Runner for another 6 months before selling it toward the end of 2020, and if I'd followed his advice, we'd have another $10K in our pockets. He's now convinced we're crossing the peak as well, and that prices will start heading back down, but not bottom out for at least another year.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one more datapoint: My next-door neighbor is a buyer for Carmax corporate and has been correctly forecasting the rise in used car prices to me for the past year. He tried to convince me to hang on to our 2018 4Runner for another 6 months before selling it toward the end of 2020, and if I'd followed his advice, we'd have another $10K in our pockets. He's now convinced we're crossing the peak as well, and that prices will start heading back down, but not bottom out for at least another year.
A guy who does it for a living will always have cred with me. :)

A guy who earned his PhD in economics from an Ivy League school and believes centrally planned economies are OK as long as PhD's are calling the shots... ah, maybe I will wait till the guy who buys cars for a living calls me back. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh