Just picked up 22s, did I mess up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
Any pics of these 22's on your tahoe.
I thought about adding 22" wheels, where did you purchase them?
I found replica wheels online for alot cheaper, anyone have an opinion on them?

<<<<profile pic is factory 22s on my 2016. Love them, they ride great. On my previous vehicle, 15 Silverado, I bought 22" reps from Novus Wheels online. Great deal (wheel/tire package mounted, balanced, w/TPMS and lugnuts for about 2K), excellent customer service, no issues with the wheels. However, those were PVD "chrome" which looked good but you can only clean them with water which I didn't like. Nowdays, you can get "real" chrome reps and now with a 2yr warranty instead of the standard 1 yr. I'm not sure that Novus has 2yr warranty or not, their webpage says "full manufacturer warranty".....

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased and installed 22's on my 2016 Tahoe, I went with Nitto's 420s 305/45/22's and they ride perfect. You should not have any issues.

Cool 420s in that size.
I went with OEM size All terrain (if you can call them all terrain at all) Dualler A/T on my 22's.

Can you share a side and rear picture with these tires installed?

thx!

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just picked up a 2016 Tahoe z71, love the car but he painted 18” wheels don’t do it justice. I picked up a set of oem deneli wheels in 22” and I’m going to get Michelin Defender Ltx 285/45-22 installed tomorrow. Now I have a little buyers remorse thinking I should have went with 20s. Hopefully I’m not giving up too much in ride quality, for a lot better look. Those that have newer Tahoe’s with 22s, what’s the ride quality with 22s?

I looked into what people had to say about ride quality as well when I switched to 22" compared to my stock 18.
When comparing 18 vs 22 on both street tires, it is undeniable that ride quality takes a toll. I was surprised that the decrease in ride quality was actually minimal on my suburban.
Well worth compromise for the look and feel I was trying to achieve.

Since then upgraded my shocks to Billstein 5100 front and rear to not only raise the front 1-3/4" but it also improved the ride quality.
as the bumps are not better dampened. More comfortable to my stock ones were at 60k miles as the bumps are absorbed faster and trucks feel more planted.

I don't think you'll regret it. plus you aregetting michelin which will ride smoother than most other tires.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool 420s in that size.
I went with OEM size All terrain (if you can call them all terrain at all) Dualler A/T on my 22's.

Can you share a side and rear picture with these tires installed?

thx!

Let me see if I can some pics tomorrow and load them up,

andrewr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great! Are those replica ck158?

i believe they are, just in black. it doesn't actually say anywhere in the description they are replica 158's, but look exactly like them. they were labeled as hollander 5666

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe they are, just in black. it doesn't actually say anywhere in the description they are replica 158's, but look exactly like them. they were labeled as hollander 5666
Thanks. Think it actually may be a replica ck159 which is very similar.

Thinking about picking up a set and putting my Chevy center caps on them.

0A0076C1-A567-4192-8308-9C13DDD4506A.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts