Just joined the 2021 Yukon lifter group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buco2020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a new 2021 Yukon XL Denali in July 2021. At 19k miles, left lifter bank went. Dealer would only replace 8 lifters. I m in retail automotive on the adaptive vehicle side and told the service manager I was calling the tech center to get it approved. He said he can replace the other 8 under a customer satisfaction code. Keep this in mind if you run into the “we are only replacing half” discussion.

Any call to GMC customer service goes against the service department even if they did nothing wrong (according to the service mgr).

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

mnemonicmark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Received the news that one lifter (cyl. 3) collapsed and will be replaced — and now the camshaft will be replaced as well since the collapsed/damaged lifter also damaged the cam shaft. (see attached photo)
It's a 2019 Yukon XL Denali, 66000 miles — GMC pre certified with 100k powertrain warranty.
Any suggestions? Thoughts? Things I need to be aware of?
Thanks,
/M

Attachments

• 1816943319547790157.jpg
    1816943319547790157.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 7

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a new 2021 Yukon XL Denali in July 2021. At 19k miles, left lifter bank went. Dealer would only replace 8 lifters. I m in retail automotive on the adaptive vehicle side and told the service manager I was calling the tech center to get it approved. He said he can replace the other 8 under a customer satisfaction code. Keep this in mind if you run into the “we are only replacing half” discussion.

Any call to GMC customer service goes against the service department even if they did nothing wrong (according to the service mgr).
Good Luck! I tried everything under the sun to get my other side replaced. I even sent a 4 page letter (conversation log included) to the Executive Support team in Michigan (addressed directly to the GM's North American President - forget the name).

As expected, they did nothing!

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Received the news that one lifter (cyl. 3) collapsed and will be replaced — and now the camshaft will be replaced as well since the collapsed/damaged lifter also damaged the cam shaft. (see attached photo)
It's a 2019 Yukon XL Denali, 66000 miles — GMC pre certified with 100k powertrain warranty.
Any suggestions? Thoughts? Things I need to be aware of?
Thanks,
/M
It's warranty so it's free. It's a pushrod v8 so it's easy to fix.

My suggestion is have them fix it and let it roll.

But do so quietly as your 2019 is supposed to be free from lifter problems as forum members here only brigade the new platform in terms of perceived issues nevermind that the 21+ is largely dead compared to the rest of the generations and their problems.

Good luck. Fix doesn't take long if they have everything they need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2