Just Installed The Philips Xtreme Vision Gen2 D3S HID Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install wasn't bad at all. Pretty easy actually. No more time consuming than changing out a Halogen Bulb.

Just be firm but gentle when disconnecting the Plug from the Bulb, and like a few others have said, if you have big hands, getting the Bulb Retainer on & off could be tricky. Other than that, it's easy.

Color difference and brightness, OH YEA!! Even though it's broad daylight out right now, I could see a noticeable difference.

I highly recommend the Philips Xtreme Vision Gen2's to anyone looking for an upgrade. They are currently the brightest HID bulb out right now.

Here's a Vid of a shootout that was done between all the top HID Bulb Models out right now, and the XV Gen2's smoke the competition.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take some night shots of the light output and post them up if you can! Definitely been looking to upgrade the bulbs, the stock headlights aren't bad, but coming from a previous vehicle with a proper projector retrofit they leave a bit to be desired in the light output department.

Dustin Hendrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to install HIDs on my wife's Yukon SLT. I've been pulled over at night in my Sierra and the cop claimed he thought my hi beams were on. I don't want my wife having this issue. Will she be fine if I keep them aimed down?

OP
OP
Mad Maxx

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive last night and they are def noticeably brighter and whiter than the OE Osram Bulbs.

I agree with the headlights being aimed too high on these trucks from the factory. Same thing with my old '16 Silverado 1500 with the full LED headlights, WAY too high.

When I got this truck, the lights were aimed so high, they were shining over the roof of the cars in front of me, and passing me in the other direction. I really felt bad. I aimed the headlights down exactly 1 turn, and they are perfect now.

OP
OP
Mad Maxx

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a crappy night pic. Fogs are the new Putco Silver Lux LED's, rated at 6500k. Headlights are rated at 4800k.

In person there is a color difference. Headlights are pure white, and Fogs have a light purple tint to them.

IMG_1072.JPG

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine. I have been looking for a way to get more light, and hopefully this does it.

Boyd

Reaction score
Thanks for a great post with tons of information. The video was a big help. I'm a bit new in this arena since I just sold my 90 Silverado (that I bought new 27 years ago. great truck) Are these just plug and play on a 2012 Yukon Denali? Thanks again for the help!

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed. You can definitely tell they are brighter and whiter. The install is a pain, but not too bad!

Now if I could find some brighter fog lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo