Divorcing LED upgrade. Need stock bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevY042

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2005 Tahoe Z71 and did a full interior LED swap a year or so ago. Everything. Dash, doors, rear radio controls/window switches...even the DVD player, rear view mirror, etc. If the light was white, it was replaced with blue LEDs from Superbrightleds.com. Anyway, long story short I’ve grown to hate the mod over time. Just not a fan of the look and want to go back to the factory bulbs. My Tahoe is sport red metallic and out of the led colors available, blue was the only option. Just doesn’t match the exterior/interior color well. Don’t ask me why. Just not a fan.

So what I did to avoid desoldering the leds and soldering in the incandescent bulbs back into place was to order the cheapest used switches, controls, etc off ebay and just swapped out the circuit boards as all my current faces are in pretty good shape. Problem is now I’m back to square one with a few stock bulbs burned out and needing replaced. I’ve researched the stock bulb and from what I’ve found, it’s RadioShack P/N 272-1154 (specifically for the AC control) but RadioShack and everywhere else it seems has stopped carrying the bulb. I see the bulb replacement kits specifically for these AC controllers but most of the vendors don’t list bulb specs which leads me to think I may or may not get bulbs that match the factory color/output. Would much rather just buy a bulk order of the 272-1154’s so I know they match the originals.

****Can anyone point me in the right direction to sourcing these?? Any help would be appreciated.

PS my wife thinks I’m out of my mind, but blame my severe OCD.

PPS by the end of this, ill have a FULL set of already converted to blue LED dash/switches/dvd/rear view mirror/etc. for sale other than the gauge cluster (it’s an Escalade cluster and want to keep it) and the ac controller (included, however all but two leds are out - Superbrightleds.com ran out of my original led in the middle of this swap so I had to finish the unit with bulbs from lighthouseleds and they sucked.

BigRed300r

Reaction score
Little late to the party! I am also divorcing the LED upgrade. I liked it at first but about a month into it I hated it. I just ordered all the incandescent bulbs to replace all the LEDs in all my switches, clusterand climate control. I found out I like OEM look better as I am getting older and don't care for the brightness of all that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts