Just had starter replaced, won't start.... What can go wrong???? FIXED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a AAA service tech at my house today..... His portable jumper started my truck easily. He attached his 'fancy tool' to the battery, and it looked ok..... He noticed something......

After all the attention to my truck and battery the last few days.....

The negative to the battery was....:idiot:.... sorta loose..... Possibly the reason it wasn't charging properly. Good grief....... I will find out tomorrow morning....
I am not disconnecting the battery over night..... I want to see how the truck is, in it's normal state....
I get it. I have assumed things before and learned my lessons. I preach, and so do other members here, to always start with basics first. None of that starting and charging system can work with loose/dirty/corroded/damaged connections. I hope it all works out ok from here forward.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it. I have assumed things before and learned my lessons. I preach, and so do other members here, to always start with basics first. None of that starting and charging system can work with loose/dirty/corroded/damaged connections. I hope it all works out ok from here forward.
Yup..... After making SURE the battery attachments are tight...... No 'CEL'..... All is like brand new. ( Next week...... I get a new rear main seal done )..... Straight " nut & bolt" work.... Should be a cake walk... ( My mechanic is very fair on the estimate $$ )

TheRealEricG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think, I FINALLY, found a shop, that does only, Auto Electronics. The shop is nearby. They charge a flat, one-time fee, to solve the problem. ( good reviews & I found them via , a good repair shop.) I'm taking my Yukon there tomorrow.
( fingers crossed )
Where is the location of that shop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo