Just got tuned...OMG!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwbeaner

Reaction score
If you use 87 in a motor that is programed for 93 you can wreck your motor. Detonation is bad. Google images for detonation.

How much is a tune? And what other mods have you done to your motor.

OP
OP
CEN2MENTAL95

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Justin tuned it for 93...the power increase is well worth it...as discussed previously the difference in cost between 87 and 93 is negligble, i'd have to be a fool to downgrade gas.

Only mod besides the tune is the K&N drop in filter. I will be getting some sort of exhaust (either corsa or flowmaster right now seem to be my best options)

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 93 tune and put 87 in the tank one fill-up. according to the truck's trip guages, i got better gas mileage with the 87, then i do with the 93. although, it wasn't by much on this comparison. something like 14.6 compared with 13.8. Driving style was very similar between the two tanks of gas. Where i start my truck in the morning to warm it up for my son, then drive to work and then back home. Sit in the same rush hour both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts