Junkyard windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talked with a glass guy. He says the shops have a power tool to cut them out which works great... I don't know what the tool is called or what it costs. Maybe I just buy that tool to cut the one out at the junkyard?
Cheaper to buy a new windshield, those tools aren’t cheap. The complete setup a guy needs to remove and reset them costs a couple thousand at the low end. At that point you might as well go into business. Pretty sure I mentioned it, but there are YT videos of guys replacing urethane windshields professionally , you should watch a few so you know what you’re getting into. Realistically the expense is the labor, the glass isn’t that expensive. Plus no pits, chemicals leached in, streaks that you see the first time it rains on your junkyard windshield and you turn on the wipers etc. That would suck.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every morning I see through my windshield... I can see, there is an even coverage of tiny pitting. I have a tiny rock-caused crack above my steering wheel, but it won't spread. ( I suppose that's a good thing )..... Waiting for a problem so I can contact my insurance company. But until then, I will have to put up with it. A new windshield would be nice.....
Find and follow an overheight truck in BC. As soon as they go underneath an overpass they'll hit the overpass, showring you with plenty of debris that will be sure to win you a new windshield. We've had over a dozen overpass strikes in the past year here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts