J-Dub's Build Thread - SouthSlap Demo Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J-dub

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
Made some progress this weekend. Didn't get finished until late today though.
Painted the rear vent caps, mirror caps, and dash bezel white. Also installed my Pioneer DD 3200.
Here's a picture of the bezel and HU. I'll get some pictures of the outside soon.
EDIT: The dash also has a metallic clear coat and glimmers in the sun. But I sprayed it flat white so it would not have a glare. Turned out great

photo-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J-dub

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
Indeed it does, lol. I really want to redo it sometime and do the insert spots in a glassy black with the metallic clear. Just didn't have the paint yesterday

Reaction score
I need to redo mine it is starting to crack. Im probably going to to black this time, but with adhesion promoter.

OP
OP
J-dub

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
I hit it with the air sander. Sprayed adhesion promoter, then black primer, then sanded, then 3 coats of flat white, then 3 coats of metallic clear. Hopefully it sticks for a while at least. I'm dropping the money and ordering my carpet today. Any suggestions on color?? Charcoal? Black?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, I'd go with charcoal :shrug:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:High 5: Nothing like helping make a decision when the two outsiders giving input don't even suggest the same thing! :lol: Either way you go will look good with what you already have going on with your interior.... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodinchris