J-Dub's Build Thread - SouthSlap Demo Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
I figured it's about time for me to get a thread going.
I'll try to cover everything but I'm sure I'll forget something like always!

The theme of the truck is a BUDGET BUILD. My company/team SouthSlap.com is not very big yet, we have competed well in the past but this is my first FULL out build. I plan to keep everything I do within $5-6k. My previous build was 2 10's that pushed 143.9db on 1100 watts in my old car. It won't be perfect, but it will be GREAT experience for me.

NEW PICTURES ON PAGE 6

Start:
2004 PPV Chevy Tahoe - 75,000 miles, basic interior

Blue = Owned but not installed yet
Yellow = Installed
Current Mods: (Some may include stock things I have added.)

2.5/5 Drop... Thanks Tony!
Vibe Audio Components
Pioneer 3200DVD
2002 Console
Replacement Carpet
Flowmaster Super 40

BIG 3
12 5.25" Co-Axials
SHURIKEN SK-BT60
6 T3 Audio t400 12's

On to the pictures: All new pictures will be with my camera so they will be MUCH better, just didn't have it charged.
Stock at the dealership:
002_8725.jpg
007_8730.jpg
026_8749.jpg
032_8755.jpg
044_8767.jpg
092_8817.jpg

Right after drop:
photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn: I think you bought your rig off eBay didn't you? I've seen that seller before with similar pics and have thought about buying from them a couple of times but have yet to pull the trigger.

Looking forward to how this turns out!

OP
OP
J-dub

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
Sure did!

Between me, my dad, and my mom. We've bought 5 cars from them. Definitely won't stop now. Best deals around, and it's worth the drive from Baton Rouge to Houston for sure. Right now we have 2 from there. This and a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: They definitely have some nice deals and that's what attracted us to them in the first place. Now that I know you've bought 5 from them and been happy it will make it easier to pull the trigger and make the trip from KC. Good to know! :High 5:

Reaction score
Your gonna love that Head Unit such a beast for the price. Your gonna want more 1/0. I made 1 run from the engine bay the the amp and it took way more than I expected. Its gonna be a killer build cant wait!

OP
OP
J-dub

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
Oh there will be pics! Haha, I'm a picture fan for sure.

And Kelly, I'm hoping I do. i can't stand this Clarion I have in here now. I may buy 100ft of 1/0 then

Also, I sprayed the chrome covers on my stocks black today, not the actual rims though. Just to hold me off on new rims.
I'll get some pictures in the sun tomorrow

OP
OP
J-dub

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
Thanks man, it's definitely not perfect but not bad to start a build with.

Update for today: Cleaned it up some today at our "Garage Day", waiting on subs and such to come in. Tomorrow I'll pull the seats and really clean it up.

Today we really focused on our other build... a 2000 Tacoma with one T3 T1000 15"