It’s been a while

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer did you go to for service? This way other members here who live in Florida know to stay away from it.

I was dealing with Shumacher Chevy on North Lake Blvd where I bought it even though they were completely out of my way. They can not even do regular maintenance correctly.

If I need a dealer for something I will try Grieco Chevrolet in Fort Lauderdale or Ed Morese Chevrolet in Sunrise as a lot of people recommend them. Lou Bachrodt in Coconut Creek tried to get over on me when I was searching for my Tahoe back in 2016 so I would definitely not trust them for anything.

I would also do as James suggested and check out a Cadillac dealer. When I had Cadillacs I always had awesome service no matter what state I was in. In fact I just might go to a Cadillac dealer if I need dealer service.

I used to deal with Reef Buick for years and years and King Oldsmobile but they are no more. We take all of our GM autos to the local Cadillac dealer and they have been great every time.

Ohh, almost forgot. We used to take our Pontiac to what is now Delray Buick/GMC. The service department was great and we ALWAYS got rental cars from Enterprise across the street. This goes back to 2006, they had a few mechanics who weren't so thorough or great but found their best man and used him exclusively after that, sadly he died of brain cancer. They are on US1 just south of Linton.

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
What dealer did you go to for service? This way other members here who live in Florida know to stay away from it.

I was dealing with Shumacher Chevy on North Lake Blvd where I bought it even though they were completely out of my way. They can not even do regular maintenance correctly.

If I need a dealer for something I will try Grieco Chevrolet in Fort Lauderdale or Ed Morese Chevrolet in Sunrise as a lot of people recommend them. Lou Bachrodt in Coconut Creek tried to get over on me when I was searching for my Tahoe back in 2016 so I would definitely not trust them for anything.

I would also do as James suggested and check out a Cadillac dealer. When I had Cadillacs I always had awesome service no matter what state I was in. In fact I just might go to a Cadillac dealer if I need dealer service.

Lol wouldn’t you know it was Lou Bachrodt

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it’s been a while since I got my 17 suburban and since I’ve bought it, it’s been at Chevy a total of 5 times...

All the workings of things have been rectified and fixed but just want to share my experience.

First service visit 12/2/18
I brought the truck in literally a week after buying it due to the A/C blowing warm. No refrigerant present in the system. Vac/filled and sent on my way.

Second service visit 1/4/19
Dead battery... understandable.

Third service visit 2/6/19
No A/C again... given the run around about the CPO warranty I purchased. Was told I needed to pay for any repairs. Contacted service manager no reply for two days. Was not offered a loaner and when I asked for one, I was told they don’t have any available. Went to dealer and spoke in person. Warranty covered said repairs, leak on low side repaired and had service rep telling me I had to change all fluids in the truck and I had to pay for it... at 58k miles. Told him no and went on my way.

Fourth service visit 4/2/19
3rd time AC has failed. Brought it in and asked for a loaner. Was told they didn’t have any available again. Out of my truck for a total of 5 days, due to not having the part to rectify the problem. Entire low side assembly replaced. Sent on my way.

Fifth service visit 5/28/19
No AC yet again. Made a call to the dealer to drop it off and demanded a loaner (I work love everyone else now have a company of my own). Was told they didn’t have any again. Told them I would be contacting corporate to get some sort of answer why I could never get a loaner and also express my frustration with the same issues. Got a call from a senior advisor and went over every visit to the dealer (always keep every receipt). She told me that she would be in contact with the dealer every step of the way. A day later I get a call from the dealer saying they have a loaner Colorado available. I told them I will come drop off the truck the same day. Dropped off the truck and told them my concerns. Also explicitly told them that there was a vibration coming from where I thought was the transmission. Was literally told that they would not have time to check into that. Truck sat at the dealer for 4 days due to the leak being the lines that run from the front of the truck to the rear condenser. Was also told that they could not make the repair until a tool they needed came in.. ok fine. Tool comes in I’m told they fixed it. I then asked about the vibration, service rep tells me I never told him about any other issue. Now I’m on the phone with GM senior advisor who knew about me bringing it up. She then makes a phone call and tells them what’s going on. Then I get a call from the service rep saying they’re going to check into the vibration. Another day goes by and I get a phone call saying they didn’t find anything...

Senior advisor calls me and gives me a service credit for the next time i need something done.

Maybe it’s just that dealer but eh I’m losing faith in Chevy.

I wonder if the original owner had problems and traded in or lemon lawed it?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How good is Bonmin?

Bomnin Chevrolet is in South Miami near Dadeland. For Chris in Boca it would take him 60-90 minutes or more [on a good day] to get there as you have to take the 826 [Palmetto Expressway] also known as the Crawlmetto Expressway as it is always gridlocked.

I honestly would not trust any dealer in Miami for anything much less for service. I did call Tropical Chevrolet in Miami after I saw a add for a Tahoe LT back in 2016. The manager later called me back later in the day [as I told him I was going to go down there the next morning] and told me he made a mistake on the price of the Tahoe and it is actually going to cost 4K bucks more then what he previously said.

With that said Coral Cadillac and Sheehan Cadillac in North Broward seem to have a decent reputation for service.

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Bomnin Chevrolet is in South Miami near Dadeland. For Chris in Boca it would take him 60-90 minutes or more [on a good day] to get there as you have to take the 826 [Palmetto Expressway] also known as the Crawlmetto Expressway as it is always gridlocked.

I honestly would not trust any dealer in Miami for anything much less for service. I did call Tropical Chevrolet in Miami after I saw a add for a Tahoe LT back in 2016. The manager later called me back later in the day [as I told him I was going to go down there the next morning] and told me he made a mistake on the price of the Tahoe and it is actually going to cost 4K bucks more then what he previously said.

With that said Coral Cadillac and Sheehan Cadillac in North Broward seem to have a decent reputation for service.
I wouldn’t trust Sheehan either I took my 09 Tahoe There to get repaired when the computer went bad under the warranty and they wouldn’t touch it

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t trust Sheehan either I took my 09 Tahoe There to get repaired when the computer went bad under the warranty and they wouldn’t touch it

Good to know!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it’s been a while since I got my 17 suburban and since I’ve bought it, it’s been at Chevy a total of 5 times...

All the workings of things have been rectified and fixed but just want to share my experience.

First service visit 12/2/18
I brought the truck in literally a week after buying it due to the A/C blowing warm. No refrigerant present in the system. Vac/filled and sent on my way.

Second service visit 1/4/19
Dead battery... understandable.

Third service visit 2/6/19
No A/C again... given the run around about the CPO warranty I purchased. Was told I needed to pay for any repairs. Contacted service manager no reply for two days. Was not offered a loaner and when I asked for one, I was told they don’t have any available. Went to dealer and spoke in person. Warranty covered said repairs, leak on low side repaired and had service rep telling me I had to change all fluids in the truck and I had to pay for it... at 58k miles. Told him no and went on my way.

Fourth service visit 4/2/19
3rd time AC has failed. Brought it in and asked for a loaner. Was told they didn’t have any available again. Out of my truck for a total of 5 days, due to not having the part to rectify the problem. Entire low side assembly replaced. Sent on my way.

Fifth service visit 5/28/19
No AC yet again. Made a call to the dealer to drop it off and demanded a loaner (I work love everyone else now have a company of my own). Was told they didn’t have any again. Told them I would be contacting corporate to get some sort of answer why I could never get a loaner and also express my frustration with the same issues. Got a call from a senior advisor and went over every visit to the dealer (always keep every receipt). She told me that she would be in contact with the dealer every step of the way. A day later I get a call from the dealer saying they have a loaner Colorado available. I told them I will come drop off the truck the same day. Dropped off the truck and told them my concerns. Also explicitly told them that there was a vibration coming from where I thought was the transmission. Was literally told that they would not have time to check into that. Truck sat at the dealer for 4 days due to the leak being the lines that run from the front of the truck to the rear condenser. Was also told that they could not make the repair until a tool they needed came in.. ok fine. Tool comes in I’m told they fixed it. I then asked about the vibration, service rep tells me I never told him about any other issue. Now I’m on the phone with GM senior advisor who knew about me bringing it up. She then makes a phone call and tells them what’s going on. Then I get a call from the service rep saying they’re going to check into the vibration. Another day goes by and I get a phone call saying they didn’t find anything...

Senior advisor calls me and gives me a service credit for the next time i need something done.

Maybe it’s just that dealer but eh I’m losing faith in Chevy.
tell them it need to be fix or you will have the EPA pull their license to do A/C work..

it should have been "fixed" on the second try...

first try is to fill it up with freon and dye

second try is to find the leak and repair

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent

Latest posts