It’s been a while

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Well it’s been a while since I got my 17 suburban and since I’ve bought it, it’s been at Chevy a total of 5 times...

All the workings of things have been rectified and fixed but just want to share my experience.

First service visit 12/2/18
I brought the truck in literally a week after buying it due to the A/C blowing warm. No refrigerant present in the system. Vac/filled and sent on my way.

Second service visit 1/4/19
Dead battery... understandable.

Third service visit 2/6/19
No A/C again... given the run around about the CPO warranty I purchased. Was told I needed to pay for any repairs. Contacted service manager no reply for two days. Was not offered a loaner and when I asked for one, I was told they don’t have any available. Went to dealer and spoke in person. Warranty covered said repairs, leak on low side repaired and had service rep telling me I had to change all fluids in the truck and I had to pay for it... at 58k miles. Told him no and went on my way.

Fourth service visit 4/2/19
3rd time AC has failed. Brought it in and asked for a loaner. Was told they didn’t have any available again. Out of my truck for a total of 5 days, due to not having the part to rectify the problem. Entire low side assembly replaced. Sent on my way.

Fifth service visit 5/28/19
No AC yet again. Made a call to the dealer to drop it off and demanded a loaner (I work love everyone else now have a company of my own). Was told they didn’t have any again. Told them I would be contacting corporate to get some sort of answer why I could never get a loaner and also express my frustration with the same issues. Got a call from a senior advisor and went over every visit to the dealer (always keep every receipt). She told me that she would be in contact with the dealer every step of the way. A day later I get a call from the dealer saying they have a loaner Colorado available. I told them I will come drop off the truck the same day. Dropped off the truck and told them my concerns. Also explicitly told them that there was a vibration coming from where I thought was the transmission. Was literally told that they would not have time to check into that. Truck sat at the dealer for 4 days due to the leak being the lines that run from the front of the truck to the rear condenser. Was also told that they could not make the repair until a tool they needed came in.. ok fine. Tool comes in I’m told they fixed it. I then asked about the vibration, service rep tells me I never told him about any other issue. Now I’m on the phone with GM senior advisor who knew about me bringing it up. She then makes a phone call and tells them what’s going on. Then I get a call from the service rep saying they’re going to check into the vibration. Another day goes by and I get a phone call saying they didn’t find anything...

Senior advisor calls me and gives me a service credit for the next time i need something done.

Maybe it’s just that dealer but eh I’m losing faith in Chevy.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lately i hear alot of either side, someone loves thier chevy or totally hates it. the people that love thier Chevy dont seem to ever have a problem. the people that hate thier Chevy can never keep thier vehicle out of a shop it seems. honestly i can understand having a few hiccups here and there with a newer vehicle but sometimes i also understand the owners frustration. your experience definitely sounds like a terrible dealership to me and i feel ya. it sounds more like they are just throwing parts at your a/c problem to fix it. however regarding your a/c issue seems to be one of those hit or miss problems. friend of mine one of the good mechanics that use to work at gm was regularly fixing a/c lines on the newer suvs. he was also regularly rebuilding cruz engines with less than 50k on them. he no longer works at garages once they changed how they pay the mechanics.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks big-time. I'd raise hell.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lately i hear alot of either side, someone loves thier chevy or totally hates it. the people that love thier Chevy dont seem to ever have a problem. the people that hate thier Chevy can never keep thier vehicle out of a shop it seems.

Well yea. Exactly. Dosnt matter how big of a chevy fanboy you are (or GM, RAM, Ford... any of them for that matter), if the damn vehicle keeps breaking down and giving you trouble it can make you switch to the dark side. But when it runs like a champ... well yea, nothing but praise.

And when a dealer is incompetent and jerks you around, it just makes it that much easier to say adios.

Best of luck to the OP. I have read soooooo many stories like yours online, but never actually had it happen to me before. Im not sure what I would do. But just remember, you are really just one tiny fish in a huge ocean, with most of the fishies not having any issues at all.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it sucks your ride is having issues, your experience could be so much better if your dealer did not royally suck! Did you buy from them? I've found if you don't buy from the dealer you get service at you get a different level of treatment.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience, the dealer doesn't care if you bought there or not----they get paid and earn/keep customer loyalty on their own actions & merits.

Find another dealer.

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Yes I’m still in Boca, no I didn’t buy the truck from this dealer but I’ve learned to go straight to the top when dealing with issues in this truck. It’s all good now

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I’m still in Boca, no I didn’t buy the truck from this dealer but I’ve learned to go straight to the top when dealing with issues in this truck. It’s all good now

I remember that you bought it up north while on vacation. I was just suggesting to take it to a Cadillac dealer if there is ever a "next time" for better service.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember that you bought it up north while on vacation. I was just suggesting to take it to a Cadillac dealer if there is ever a "next time" for better service.

What dealer did you go to for service? This way other members here who live in Florida know to stay away from it.

I was dealing with Shumacher Chevy on North Lake Blvd where I bought it even though they were completely out of my way. They can not even do regular maintenance correctly.

If I need a dealer for something I will try Grieco Chevrolet in Fort Lauderdale or Ed Morese Chevrolet in Sunrise as a lot of people recommend them. Lou Bachrodt in Coconut Creek tried to get over on me when I was searching for my Tahoe back in 2016 so I would definitely not trust them for anything.

I would also do as James suggested and check out a Cadillac dealer. When I had Cadillacs I always had awesome service no matter what state I was in. In fact I just might go to a Cadillac dealer if I need dealer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts