Is this vehicle TOO big?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s kinda too bad as adjustable pedals are usually important to height challenged individuals... and my wife and I are both 5’6” and under...
Hopefully the seats and wheel can take up this difference.....

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Yukon Denali does not have adjustable pedals, nor an assist handle on the passenger A pillar.

GM giveth and take away.

Not happy to hear that. I have family members who would have issues trying to get into my Tahoe without the assist handle. I can see their face now if I were to tell them there is no assist handle in the Denali.

At least the 2021 Tahoe-Suburban has them.

I barely use the adjustable pedals but still happy to have it.

It is always better to have and not need then to need and not have.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
My 2021 Yukon Denali does not have adjustable pedals, nor an assist handle on the passenger A pillar. Do like the larger door mirrors but miss the visible turn indicator in the mirrors. The only way to know if you actually have the turn indicator on is to look at the dash display. At highway speeds you cannot hear the turn indicator sound and there is no way to increase the volume. With the higher hood and larger mirrors visibility to the right front is more limited than the previous design. GM giveth and take away.

I stand corrected here as well! Again, I was mistakenly looking in the 2020 Model Lineup. You are correct and the 2021 Models do not have power adjustable pedals.

Definitely not happy about this change. We always buy used and the 2021 Model would have been our next one after the 2015. Will most likely be looking for a different vehicle for my wife that has power adjustable pedals.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adjustable pedals are not available in the Tahoe anyway. I believe they are counting on the telescoping steering wheel to make up for the adjustable pedals.

I think the steering adjustment is pretty limited as well. Wish they kept the adjustable pedals. Steering needs more more telescopic adjustment.

Reaction score
That’s kinda too bad as adjustable pedals are usually important to height challenged individuals... and my wife and I are both 5’6” and under...
Hopefully the seats and wheel can take up this difference.....
If this is a major issue that is the only reason holding you back on a purchase, there is always the option to obtain those pedal extenders.

When I got my 2014 Corvette with a 7 speed manual transmission, my wife was actually thinking of learning to drive a manual, but she was having trouble pressing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor (She is 5' 2''), so I offered to buy the extensions, but she declined. Yessss.... :)

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it isn’t a major reason. I just want to give my wife the fewest reasons to not like it... I’m pretty confident we are going to do a SWB Duramax Denali. Running boards and the fact it can kneel down all helps.
I will be driving it more than her, but it helps to have both sides have buy in...this will prob be my last “big” vehicle. I hope it serves me well....

MJenn76

Reaction score
No, it isn’t a major reason. I just want to give my wife the fewest reasons to not like it... I’m pretty confident we are going to do a SWB Duramax Denali. Running boards and the fact it can kneel down all helps.
I will be driving it more than her, but it helps to have both sides have buy in...this will prob be my last “big” vehicle. I hope it serves me well....
Per Denali Sticker... looks like handles are over head because of running boards
Assist handles

Front passenger A-pillar and second row outboard B-pillar

Deletes front passenger A-pillar assist handle on Denali

Overhead assist handles

Driver and front passenger, located in headliner

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tahoe88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Close to pulling the trigger on a Yukon or an Escalade, but I’m just wondering from a current drivers, is this vehicle just too big for daily use and driving? I need the space occasionally, but for most of its life it’s going to be just me and my wife. Is this thing just too big a boat to have on a daily basis, or do you just get used to it like anything else? Just don’t want to make a mistake buying something that’s hard to park and just overly huge on a daily basis...

I love these big trucks. We had a newer Yukon and loved it with all the bells and whistles. Ffwd a few years and now for a fraction of the price we have an older Tahoe and love it too. My wife is tiny and she can drive the Tahoe even without the backup camera, sensors, lane departure warning, etc. One downside is the gas mileage. Especially coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord haha But we had to get rid of it to fit my family of 6 comfortably. Another downside is lack of trunk space when all seats are being used. With a stroller, you’re not getting anything else in the back. Unless you get a suburban or Yukon xl

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my 2 1/2 cents worth, my '19 Tahoe is a dream, and then some, I thought that going from an '08 Trail Blazer I would feel the difference of a 'big' truck............ sure for the first 5 minutes, it feels not a lot bigger than my Trail Blazer and like the guys say it turns on a dime, gets you in and out of tight spots easily...... they are a fantastic piece of kit..... and I really feel safe in it, that's a huge bonus...

Terry Hurlburt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2014 Denali and a 2018 Denali. We love them both. The newer vehicle is just a joy to drive on the highway, great ride and quiet. It also is easy to park with the radar assist system that works all around the vehicle. Both are the short wheelbase models and both drive like smaller vehicles.
I want a 2021 or 2022 next, when I am ready to trade the 2014 in.
All in all great vehicles and easy to drive. It is just my wife and I in them most all the time, but they are great fir trips where you take lots of stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645