Is this the issue??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thebesta94

Reaction score
So... I hit a gnarly pothole going about 45mph tonight.. then I started hearing this wonderful sound from the undercarriage.

I got under the car and think I identified the problem but am wondering what yall think...

The sound only occurs when I accelerate and the vehicle is in motion. If it is in neutral I can rev the gas all I want and nothing...

I've attached a video of the sound while driving and picture of what I believe is the CV shaft and the cause of the sound...

20190213_195203.jpg
Any help would be appreciated or where else I should look for the issue.

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a boot that has come off the rack-n-pinion, the sound i hear seems more like a hub bearing or maybe a brake pad rubbing, could even be a ball joint if it is making the sound when turning the wheels

OP
OP
Thebesta94

Thebesta94

Reaction score
that is a boot that has come off the rack-n-pinion, the sound i hear seems more like a hub bearing or maybe a brake pad rubbing, could even be a ball joint if it is making the sound when turning the wheels
Ok, will look at all joints in morning and see if I can see anything obvious.

I was going to do my brakes soon, and it could certainly be that... didnt even cross my mind. my mind tends to always go worst case scenario

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, will look at all joints in morning and see if I can see anything obvious.

I was going to do my brakes soon, and it could certainly be that... didnt even cross my mind. my mind tends to always go worst case scenario
from what it's doing you can likely find the problem pretty easy by just jacking up the front wheels and spin them by hand or turn by hand

OP
OP
Thebesta94

Thebesta94

Reaction score
Rear u-joint on drive shaft I believe is the culprit!

And floating feeling is because I snapped bracket....

20190217_150749.jpg 20190217_150754.jpg
20190217_150203.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz