is this a good deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if i did buy something like this what all would else would i need to get it to work
i have a jensen in dash reciever...

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
ok dude best way to test would be to pull the sub out if it was well taken care of and more importantly not stolen there will be a tag on the back telling you if its 2 or 4 ohm and you wanna hook red into positive black into negative and do this on each coil to make sure both coils are good not just one. then you want to look for it to remain a constant either 2 or 4 ohms a little fluctuation is ok but you dont want it goingg crazy or reading zero. if all checks out that is a hell of a deal i paid around 300 for basically the same thing but a better amp and in the kicker box last summer. to get this all working you will need a set of rca hook ups to go from the cd player to the amp.. a fused power wire you could get away with using 4 gauge wire but i wouldnt do any smaller. then about a foot of the same gauge wire for a ground wire. then you will need a remote wire which will turn the amp on. and somewhere to mount the amp and you should be set. the guy may have some wiring left over or he may have pulled it out of the old car so i would ask him if he could throw that in.

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know if im going to buy it.. having second thoughts because i would have to get it installed dont know how much that would be... then i would have less room in the back and it prob would make everything start rattling thats what happened in my car....

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
virtually nothing, just an install package. you can literally install this yourself, ill walk you through it if you plan on going ahead with it.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you get this setup or something else I can help you with the install or even picking out something else that can fit your budget

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kinda still want to pull the trigger but i dont want it to get annoying my last l7 was just to loud for me haha i dont like constant subbing.... also i dont know too because i like having room in the hatch and dont want to vibrate everything loose in the tahoe...

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can always turn the amp down ya know, they even have knobs that left you adjust it from the driver seat so thats not an issue

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats true i dont know i want one but i dont i guess haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper