is this a good deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, that sub alone is about $200. The "custom box" I'd say another $100. Then a 1000 watt amp, even higher. JUMP ON THAT!!!

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yea i want to im just scared because i dont know if it will work or not ... how do i test it with that meter....?

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Ask him to hook it up really quick. If he wants your money and has nothing to hide he should do that.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can go to walmart and get a dmm to test the sub and just return it when you are done if you dont want to keep it, and to test the impedence just turn on the dmm and set it to ohms which is the horseshoe looking symbol and hook the speaker leads to it, we cant really tell you what number to look for unless you find out if the sub has dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm voice coils, so ask the seller which voice coils the sub has and how are they wired series or parallel

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i did but he said he sold the car it was hooked up too... and okay so if i did that i would just put the ddm tips to the end of the sub ? lol im a noob at this im so confused

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ask him if the subs are dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay i will... where do i plug the red and black things into on the ddm i have one but dont know where they go ? and where would i put it on the sub...

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

he thinks its 4 ohm..

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put the blk lead in the com port and put the red lead in the side with the horseshoe symbol, look at the pic on the first page and the red plug would go on the right, and just touch the red lead to the positive terminal on the sub and black to negative terminal

ok well if they are 4 ohm and there is only one set of wires coming out the box then you should look for about about 2 ohms if the sub is wired in parallel
and if there are 2 sets of wires coming out of the box then each set should measure around 4 ohm

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok do you think 200 for this is a good deal i cant tell if the box looks good or not he said he built it to exact specs for the sub... and the amp isnt the best but he said it works and it makes the sub hit good i dont want a ton of bass i dont care if it is world class but i want some...

so if i test it and the meter says other than 2 or 4 then its no good ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076