Is there such a thing as front shocks for a Z55 Denali that aren't going to cost me all the gold in FT. Knox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Replacing the fronts as a unit with a complete assembly or springs and bushings included means the job can be done in the driveway in 90 min. The other side in half the time because you know how. Having the lifetime warranty is priceless with the way parts have more than doubled in the past 18 months.

Arnott OEM springs were out of stock for a long time. They’re back in stock now. The OEM springs are discontinued or NLA now by GM. Order them now from AutoZone. There’s a 20% off code and free shipping at the top of their page. Today it’s FEBFUN. I just ordered 8 OEM A/C Delco injectors and four A/C Delco o2 sensors. They bungled the order and took off another $50. My final price shipped free with TN tax (6.2%) vs SoCA (8.75%) was $450. That’s unbelievable for OEM.

Pull the trigger while they’re available, keep the z55, guaranteed for life and be done with it, forever. That’s not a word you see that often for a warranty.

ps. If you need other stuff do the order all at once. The 20% discount is good for only one order. You can’t go back later and apply it.

59C407CC-D7FC-4B14-AB61-151F1A6C27A5.jpeg

lgrw2288

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replacing the fronts as a unit with a complete assembly or springs and bushings included means the job can be done in the driveway in 90 min. The other side in half the time because you know how. Having the lifetime warranty is priceless with the way parts have more than doubled in the past 18 months.

Arnott OEM springs were out of stock for a long time. They’re back in stock now. The OEM springs are discontinued or NLA now by GM. Order them now from AutoZone. There’s a 20% off code and free shipping at the top of their page. Today it’s FEBFUN. I just ordered 8 OEM A/C Delco injectors and four A/C Delco o2 sensors. They bungled the order and took off another $50. My final price shipped free with TN tax (6.2%) vs SoCA (8.75%) was $450. That’s unbelievable for OEM.

Pull the trigger while they’re available, keep the z55, guaranteed for life and be done with it, forever. That’s not a word you see that often for a warranty.

ps. If you need other stuff do the order all at once. The 20% discount is good for only one order. You can’t go back later and apply it.

View attachment 391330
Just curious, what made you want to change the injectors out?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Sorry not trying to take over the thread ...

Running on
e85 it gets P0420 & P0430 DTC
91 it gets P1175 DTC

loppy, intermittent idle and just approaching 170k clicks on an L9H. With that milage and engine run time it can be considered routine maintenance. It's not worth paying for diagnostic time. My Tech2 was poached. This is preventative maintenance against a rich or lean mixture, protecting the cats and improved milage.

Even if, by some slim chance this doesn't clear the DTC, it rules out the injector and o2 issues. That leaves a bad coil(s) or a faulty cat(s). If I have a bad cat, I'd be replacing the injectors and/or o2 sensors anyway. This way, in this particular sitch, I'm simply replacing parts known to outlive their lifespan before they fail. Although they may still function, you don't want an injector to die and kill a motor that's known to run trouble free for 300K or more miles.

This 09 was purchased at 130K three years ago. With no AFM from the factory, running e85 98% of the time, it runs cooler, has no knock/detonation using 100 octane and practically zero sludge in the cylinders as the corn fuel cleans it all out.

AmunRoo

Reaction score
Or look for OEM take offs from a salvage place with lower miles. I put 2019 tahoe shocks on my 2008 denali. The ride great, but I did have to put resistors in for the suspension fault. $375 for a pair with 40k. Just my thoughts.
Hey B-train, I am in position where i'm being offered a set of 2019 tahoe complete front strut assemblies. I would be placing them in my 2007 Denali. when you put yours, did you need to modify anything other than the adding of the resistors? do you know if they's work with the existing auto leveling suspension that's already on the truck?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't work with the auto leveling, but will bolt right in. Probably 30 - 45 minutes for both sides. I did buy the resistors off Amazon for about $55. I haven't had any regrets thus far and have put about 7k on them. I don't think they ride any different than the OEM denali ones.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently replaced the entire z55 suspension system front and rear on my 2011 Yukon Denali and a 2/3 drop as part of a performance upgrade build I’m working on. (Struts shocks, front and rear upper&lower control arms ,ball joints, tie rods etc..)

You can absolutely just replace the front oem/acdelco air ride struts vs the entire coilover assembly and the struts on Amazon Prime via acdelco store with full warranty replacement were roughly 230 each if I remember right?

I’d recommend replacing the bump stop (8.00), upper isolators (12.00) top nut (3.00) basically the worn out rubber parts of the coilover assembly. I ended up doing the entire coilovers including springs based on my goals and it being a long term vehicle for me.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 391330

Wondering if you (or someone else) can help me . I need z55 struts, with coil overs, for the front of my 2009 Tahoe 5.3L LTZ. I don't want a conversion. Are they out there?

Everything that I find (arnott, oreilly, advance auto) for the fronts with coils are conversion or 'bypass' struts. In fact I've only been able to find two struts (no coil) for Z55 option: Sachs and Monroe.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The problem with obtaining a set of loaded z55 struts with springs is that the springs for most GM 07-14 truck are discontinued. Aftermarket springs are available but likely not paired with a set of OEM z55 struts.