Is there a way to control blower fan without running the engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbaduss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm camping with the family this weekend, and we got a bit of a wind storm that roughed up or tents. So we moved the fam back into the Yukon. But instead of running the engine for 30 mins at a time. Is there a way to run the blower fan with the engine off?

I get that the heat output will decline as the coolant in the core cools. But it would be nice to be able to run the fan.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm camping with the family this weekend, and we got a bit of a wind storm that roughed up or tents. So we moved the fam back into the Yukon. But instead of running the engine for 30 mins at a time. Is there a way to run the blower fan with the engine off?

I get that the heat output will decline as the coolant in the core cools. But it would be nice to be able to run the fan.
Not without a proper scan tool. You'd kill the battery after about 90 minutes or so with a healthy battery even. Just let her idle and keep the family comfortable.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and you can have engine off but the key has to be on for power to the blower systems and therefore, like @swathdiver said, the battery drains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover