Is there a particular size of lug nut for Denalis?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I need a whole new set of lug nuts for my truck's winter wheels. The shop never gave me them back this spring and of course I didn't notice right away so I have no way to prove that. Anyway, just looking for the right size and possibly a cheap place to get them online. Also wouldn't mind finding either GMC or Chevy center-caps....

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Nevermind, I figured the lug nut size out. Still would like to find a full set of 32 for cheap, though, if anyone has ideas.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you figured out your original question as I didn't have the slightest idea on what size they would be!! I've had good luck with getting free lugnuts through my tire place in town, they've been hooking me up a few times when new or different lugnuts are needed for different wheels, don't know why and not gonna ask!! lol
Hopefully someone can chime in for you Scott!

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Curious though, why can't you use the ones that you have now? Are they too nice or just the wrong taper to use on your winter rims?

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Technically I probably could use them, but they are chromed to match the summer wheels. I think that'd look a bit odd with matte black steel wheels. I'm trying to find some black nuts. (LUG nuts, perverts....)

I wish I could figure out a center cap for the winter wheels, though. They are ugly with the rusty hub in the middle...lol.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you using for winter wheels? 4 spares? You should be able to find some police center caps to use with them.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
What are you using for winter wheels? 4 spares? You should be able to find some police center caps to use with them.

They're just some cheap steel wheels I picked up at a tire shop. I have no idea what, if any, original application they have.

How would I find out if the police center cap would work? There is literally nothing in the center of these.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine they would fit since the police wheels are really just gloss painted steelies. The GM factory center caps are held on by the lugs. It looks like the police wheels use chrome lug nuts that hold the caps on. The regular factory caps are plastic caps that screw onto the lug nuts. Those type of caps would probably be easier to find used though but you would have to get the correct lugs for them either way.

EDIT: I don't even see any police caps on eBay right now, I'm sure you could buy new ones but they're probably more expensive than you want to pay. Here are the chome ones from a base model truck that do actually look similar to the police caps: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-CHROME-CH...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbec4db2c. These lugs would work this them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/14mmx1-5-GM...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item336c016b9a.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia