Doing A Complete Replacement of All Hoses & Connectors: What Size & Length for Bleed Line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Y'all,

It looks as if each one of the hoses & connectors are original, given that all of them have one or both of these paint marks (and all the clamps are marked & lined up as well). I've got everything ready to order except for the 3/8"-ish hose that comes off the bleed fitting at the front of the passenger side head. I can't see any size marking on it, and I don't want to pull & measure it until I'm doing the job so I can take care of it all at once without running out for parts (HA -- you know it'll happen for one thing or another!). So, as per the title: What is the size and length of this bleed line?

Thanks,
Scrappy

PXL_20240103_153654835_1024.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The manufacture date should be printed on the hoses. All of my hoses on my 07 Yukon XL Denali had date stamps.

"I've got everything ready to order except for the 3/8"-ish hose that comes off the bleed fitting at the front of the passenger side head" I'm not sure what hose you mean. Are you talking about the steam/pressure equalization hoses that connect to both heads?

OP
OP
Scrappycrow

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Are you talking about the steam/pressure equalization hoses that connect to both heads?
Nope, this one is coming off the head and goes towards the radiator. It's not the hard line between the heads.
I believe this is the hose you are looking for.
Yep, that's it! I see now that it's a molded hose, not just a length of hose. Thanks!

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, this one is coming off the head and goes towards the radiator. It's not the hard line between the heads.

Yep, that's it! I see now that it's a molded hose, not just a length of hose. Thanks!
You are quite welcome!
GM Genuine 22827734 is around $37, Gates 18126 is around $17, on Rock Auto.
Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk