Is a drop necessary for 24s ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KelzG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've done a lot of searching through the forums and couldn't find a direct answer so I figured I'd just ask myself. I plan on getting some 24 inch rims and was wondering if itll be fine just to slap them on with the stock suspension? Would it look goofy? Would there be too much gap? Any other issues, visually or performance wise this may cause? And to minimize gap with stock suspension, would it be better to go with 305 or 295 tires?

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot of searching through the forums and couldn't find a direct answer so I figured I'd just ask myself. I plan on getting some 24 inch rims and was wondering if itll be fine just to slap them on with the stock suspension? Would it look goofy? Would there be too much gap? Any other issues, visually or performance wise this may cause? And to minimize gap with stock suspension, would it be better to go with 305 or 295 tires?
It'd look fine. There might be .5" less wheel gap than you have with your factory wheels but you'd have to find out the size differences between the factory size wheels and whatever 24's you go with. 305 and 295 is the width of the tire. Not the height. https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing a 35/40 sidewall? As Bones mentioned use the tire size calculator to compare. With a 305 you may need to massage the front inner fenders. As for lowering or not that’s a matter of taste. To me the back has to come down at a minimum. Any reason for 24’s? The short sidewall was too rough for my taste but I see lots of them around

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's lowered 3.5/5 and I run 24's with a 305/35 tire but in the summer I have a set of 26's with 295/30 tires. Just research sizes pictures and try if possible, try a couple different options to find what you like. The truck rides slightly stiffer but handles great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf