Is a cold air intake gonna help my RST in any way state your opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the aFe and a blackbear tune to my truck and from a "seat of the pants" feel, it was very noticeable. I can get the tires to squeak on a WOT start. Before the CAI and tune it was a struggle to power brake it.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What engine do you have and what k and n did you use just filter or whole cold air intake how obnoxious was it explain please
The whole thing. Most of what it did was remove all muffling from the engine's normal intake sound. It's a throaty, high-midrange sound that is very noticeable in the cabin and rather loud at WOT. To my ears, it was the sort of sound you might want to hear in a 2-seat sportscar but not in a full-size SUV.

Sean James

Reaction score
25 hp and bone stock? Wow, not my experience with a Tahoe, Caprice, or Crown Vic cvpi. All they did was whine during hard acceleration, making me think it was the trans about to drop. Then the "k&n filter oil" gets all over the MAF sensor, reducing "calculated load" values. And it actually sucks in HOTTER air from the engine compartment via the radiator. Whereas the factory box pulls air from outside the inner wheel well. Just my experience with bone stock V-8's.

I guess with a tune it's possible. But 25 ponies with just a cai? I am very skeptical.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe @BlackBearPerf can clarify/verify exactly what is the expected 20+HP from adding a CAI alone, without any tuning, on a 2015+ Tahoe/Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71