Is a '97 C2500 same/similar to 'Hoes/Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 97 Silverado C2500 but was wondering if they're similar to the Tahoe/Yukon group? I have a 2000 Tahoe LS and think they're somewhat similar, but maybe not . . .

Is there a Silverado forum that's as good as our forum here? Any guidance/help/suggestions welcomed.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there’s a Sierra/Silverado forum. The rigs share many of the same parts. Can you be more specific?

OP
OP
Randy Whistler

Randy Whistler

Reaction score
I believe there’s a Sierra/Silverado forum. The rigs share many of the same parts. Can you be more specific?
Basically I was just wondering if there was a useful forum like ours, here, for that model truck. The members on this forum have been so extremely helpful when looking for answers that I was hoping to find a resource like this! The truck I'm looking at has it's share of issues(don't we all . . ) and so was just doing a little "pre-need" inquiring. . .:)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What Big Mama is asking is what are the specifics of the truck? Like the engine, is it a 5.0, 5.7, 7.4 gas engines or the diesel engine? What trans? What problems are you having? So many of the components are the same under the hood like a 97 Tahoe. So many of the controls are the same. If you have questions answered here and you like the answers then why switch on this truck to another forum, unless of course you just want to. So many of us here have owned pickup trucks while at the same time owning a Tahoe or Yukon. The 2500 series Suburbans are so much like the C2500 truck but just has no bed in the back.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried other forums for other rigs I have like Audi, Victory, BMW, Mercedes, and Volvo, which wasn’t bad but none like this one. Granted there are more Tahoes/Yukons than those but even the tone wasn’t welcoming when you get a reply. Stick with these fellas.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will probably get all the info you need here since the trucks and the SUVs have so much in common. I joined GM full size shortly after buying my Nali and joining here. I’ve logged into GMFS maybe like three times over the almost 5 years I’ve had mine. It’s just not very welcoming and the members aren’t friendly. But that’s just my experience with it.

OP
OP
Randy Whistler

Randy Whistler

Reaction score
Basically, all I was asking was, was our forum a good place to ask questions about that style truck, or was there a better place. I had not gotten to the place, yet, that I needed info, but rather was just looking to see where the best place was to ask for that help. I had assumed the '97's were very similar to my '00 Tahoe, and since I had such great luck with this forum on the 'Hoe I suspected this would be the place to inquire. I did not, however, want to get into a flame war with ppl because "this is a Tahoe/Yukon forum, not Silverado forum". Sometimes there are those "purists" out there that I did not wish to offend, so I just wanted to ask before posting any questions.

It's a moot point now, though, the deal fell through anyway.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well then, in the future.........there are a lot of people here that know other vehicles that are not a GM product. The GM product such as Tahoe/Yukon is in our wheel house but so many of the pickup trucks, GM products, are the same in so many ways. Sorry the deal fell through. I have my eye on a 2003 Sub and the husband wants to sell but the wife will take some convincing.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wine and roses?

She might be thinking that the longer she makes me wait, the more I will be wiling to pay. Ummmmmm....no. She loves the vehicle though and he is willing to get her something new so maybe I will hear from them after the 1st of the year. Besides, she strikes me as a bourbon and steak kind of gal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11