iPhone 8 wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chicago,thanks for letting us know that as my 2017 will not charge after magnet removal. I will wait for bluetooth connection and report back.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add wireless charging to my 2015 burb. I don't think mine came with wireless charging (believe that was added to later models) How hard would to be to add the 2018 module? Any idea how I would power it?

Me too. I wouldn’t mind adding this.

kilyung

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Swapped out my 2017 wireless charging module for the 2018 unit (along with corresponding plug). Works as it should have from day one! Properly charges an iPhone X and 8.

This was on my 2017 Yukon XL Denali.

Vinvin7716

Reaction score
Got a 2017.. what part do we need from the 2018 exactly again? I don’t use Bluetooth so I don’t wanna have to fiddle with that.

stealthall

Reaction score
Sitting at the dealership buying a 15 CPO Yukon Denali.

They gave me the part numbers for the module alone ($172) as well as the wiring harness kit ($500).

Question do we just need the module to make it work for the iPhone X or the whole darn kit?

Sorry for not reading the whole post - trying to buy it before I leave.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitting at the dealership buying a 15 CPO Yukon Denali.

They gave me the part numbers for the module alone ($172) as well as the wiring harness kit ($500).

Question do we just need the module to make it work for the iPhone X or the whole darn kit?

Sorry for not reading the whole post - trying to buy it before I leave.
Don't know if the 2015 is the same as the 2017 but watch the video at the end of the first post. The module is a $100 part from GM online parts sellers (search eBay) and the cable is a $25 part made by one of the forum members (unfortunately on backorder right now).

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...reless-charging-module-plug-and-play-harness/

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't post often, but just a heads up for anyone who cares . . .

I unexpectedly "upgraded" my 6s to an 8 this weekend, I really wasn't planning on it, but you know how impulses go, HaHa I thought it would be kinda cool to have the idle wireless charger on the armrest, be used for SOMETHING, but to my disappointment . . . It doesn't work with the iPhone. I have a buddy who has a Samsung and he uses the pad all the time. Oh well, another cool Apple feature that is meaningless to me. Thought someone out there would like to know-- KH

Edit
http://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/technology/how-gmcs-wireless-charging-works.html

Maybe it's user error :)

OE is a possibility since I charge my iPhone 7 Plus adequately in my 16 Tahoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j