Wireless charging issues- iPhone 14 pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imfrogman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It works without any issues, i even have a case on my 14 and it charges without any issues. IMO this is where gm should have put the wireless charger

OP
OP
Vinnoto1

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
It works without any issues, i even have a case on my 14 and it charges without any issues. IMO this is where gm should have put the wireless charger
Is it an iPhone 14 or 14 pro? Currently the issue is only on the pro due to the camera.

imfrogman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its a pro, i can even lift the phone completely off the pad about 1/4 inch and it still is charging. Plus the added benefit is that it is a fast charge unlike the factory charger. look at the youtube video reviews

SmokeyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 Tahoe LT, Samsung 10+. Iphone 12. When I try to charge the S10 using the wireless charger, the Infotainment screen indicates it is charging, the phone indicates it's charging but if the phone was at say, 50%, after a couple of hours it would still be be at 50% and a little while after that I would get a message the the charger was overheating and I needed to remove the phone from the charger. Pretty much same for the Iphone but haven't left it on as long as the S10.

Am I the only one with this kind of problem? Anybody got an idea?

Bkihum

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently purchased a 2022 Yukon Denali XL with wireless charging included.

Wireless charger worked fine with my iPhone 12 in its case, tested with multiple phones.

After getting the 14 pro it would not work with or without a case. It just keeps turning on and off.

After some google searches I found this is a major flaw from Apple due to the camera bump, only affecting the iPhone 14 pro not the pro max. The camera bump causes to large of a gap between the charging pad and magnets in the phone.

I tried adding a MagSafe case which has additional magnets in the case for charging and other attachments, no luck there.

Now I’m using a wired connection which is also forcing my phone to use wired car play and the wireless auto play is not really working anymore.

This is aggravating and I understand it’s Apple problem and hopefully they will come up with a solution whether it be an adapter or special case to correct the issue ( doubtful)

For now I plan to get an apple usb c MagSafe charger to lay in the charging dock so I can still do wireless charging and wireless Apple car play.

Has anyone else come across this and found any workaround for this issue?

Thank you in advance!!!
Not sure about 14 pro wireless charging issue but just purchased same phone yesterday and just tried it and there was no problem.not sure Apple would change anything to fix vehicle problem.

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 Burb. Does anyone make a replacement rubber cover that sits in the factory charging tray? I have a Samsung and my wife has an Apple phone. Both experience the on/off charging issue. I took both phones out of their cases, same problem. I removed the rubber cover (simply pulls right out) from the charging tray and both phones charged with no problems even with the Otterbox cases installed. The rubber tray seems a bit thick?