Introduction/Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fischer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But if the dealer wants to sell a used 2013 the second fob and key is cheap compared to having to sit on that rig because they will not do the right thing. Hell, get a second one and add that in to the cost of purchase.
Being in that business for decades I can tell you that the only thing that scares the sales department is the service department. The service manager is going to want to charge the sales manager departments 2 Department for the full ride what the book says to charge for programming those keys and that fob. The price of the items is cheap enough it's the book time labor that they tried it screw you on. Go Chilton's go

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Being in that business for decades I can tell you that the only thing that scares the sales department is the service department. The service manager is going to want to charge the sales manager departments 2 Department for the full ride what the book says to charge for programming those keys and that fob. The price of the items is cheap enough it's the book time labor that they tried it screw you on. Go Chilton's go

I get that but the price for the parts and programming is still cheap, IMO, in the whole scheme of things. I sold a very collectible Ruger firearm recently for $4500 and the buyer said he would do it if I paid the shipping. That $50 shipping fee was not going to stop me from making $2000 on the gun sale. It's a "see the forest for the trees" type of thing. Again, IMO.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Usually two different profit centers for a dealer, particularly larger dealerships and they will each do what it takes to make their goals of profit margin independent of the other because that’s how they are measured. When I had to have some work done on a vehicle I had just purchased back in July, the negotiations weren’t really between me and the dealership, it was between the sales department and the service department. Service wouldn’t do anything until the sales guy signed off on the Sales Department covering the cost of the work. Watched it first hand.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dealership parts departments, service departments and sales departments can be very cut throat. It's what makes them tick.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The least expensive way is to buy the fob online and take it to a locksmith to program. Same with chip keys. Dealers and locksmiths overcharge for fobs, and dealers overcharge for the fob AND programming.

John Lillich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your name looked familiar, when I read your original comment. I bet you know my sister in law, used to be Karen Civella.

John Lillich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By the way Frank, looks like a new fob would be either $59 or $139 at carandtruckremotes.com. They also show you the dealer prices as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts