Intermittent vibration wind direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have owned our Yukon for roughly for 5k miles. I am starting to notice a vibration at highway speeds but it's intermittent and seems to be related to wind direction. The steering wheel is rock steady but the center console and seats vibrate.
Is this the onset of the dreaded buffering issue?
It's about the same frequency as the noise you get when the back windows are down.
Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it, yes.
Have you tried switching into manual mode, letting it set to 6, and then seeing if it does it?
AFM could be responsible.

OP
OP
M

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not AFM. I can see when it's in V4 vs V8 on the dash

OP
OP
M

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had one successfully fixed?

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the other thread. I don't think so.
One last question- are your wheels recently balanced?
I know some said that helped.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry man. Mine went from perfect and no noise...well it isn't horrible yet, but it's been getting worse. the rate of progression is subtle. I mainly notice it when I haven't been in the Tahoe for a few days (it's my wifes car). Then it's extremely obvious how much the noise/vibration is getting worse.

OP
OP
M

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Mine is also my wife's. It's mainly used in town so she doesn't notice it.
Generally when I'm in it its over the weekend and we are road tripping somewhere. I haven't brought it up to the wife.....

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mention the noise or the exhaust valve squeak to my wife because I thought I was hearing things at first. but then one day she asked me what the annoying squeak was whenever we accelerated

and she finally complained last month about the car "shaking" and "vibrating" around town. Our speed limits are 35 mph and she says it's a rough ride around 40 mph.

OP
OP
M

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's way worse than ours. You did touch on one of my fears when you mentioned it has progressively gotten worse. What this going to be like when these vehicles has 50k miles and the bushings etc are worn some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269