Intermittent rubbing noise when coasting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matthop53

Reaction score
I just installed a rcd lift in my 99 2dr Tahoe 4wd with autotrac and it has developed a new noise, shocking right? It is a rubbing noise that is inconsistent as far rotation and I only hear it when I am coasting above 40mph. It also causes a vibration that increases with speed that is mainly felt in the drivers side foot well.

Initially I thought it was the front driveshaft, which may have been partially to blame, because the vibration is much less severe now that it's out.

When installing the lift all ball joints, idler arm, and tie rod ends were replaced.

I noticed the noise right after the instal, but assumed is was due to the alignment being off, that too has been done.

Any advise or insight would be great. I am really excited about lifting the truck but I want to put my mind at ease with everything before I can really enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr