Interior (In-Cab) Air Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case anyone else was thinking this, I went ahead and checked our 2005 Tahoe LS for an in-cab air filter under the passenger side dash/glovebox area. Once you remove the shroud you can see the area where the filters should be, but now instead of a removable panel it is solid cast with the rest of the assembly.

Some people were not sure if it mattered what model (LS) or where it was assembled (Wisconsin) made any difference because some parts stores will sell you filters.

stormin

Reaction score
yup... I wasn't aware and an auto parts store sold me a cabin filter.. I found out after I got home and did some research... I don't have one that can be replaced.

take care all
NB

OP
OP
PNWYukon

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, pretty stupid to remove the in cabin filter. When something stinks outside and we switch to air to interior circulation and it barely makes a difference. The wife shuts it down most of the time. Thanks Chevrolet! :badidea:

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. There isn't one!!! I have a 2005 XL...LOVE it. I like the shape/style and the steel bumpers vs all these newer plastic cars. (I can say that as THIS IS the 2000-2006 thread) LOL Just an aside...but to me...the brand new ones (especially in black) look like hearses. At least, a black 2005 just looks like a Secret Service car! LOL LOL But I digress....no cabin filter.

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was thinking about checking this out the other day. So none of th 2000-2006 have the filter??
My 2002 Suburban has one. Actually there are two filters that fit into the ac box. I guess some of the later ones don't have this.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I have a 03 LT. Now I have to check mine out later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GCL24