Intellibeam operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCSFPD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2024 Yukon XL SLT equipped with Intellibeam high beams. I have read the owners manual. 25mph and above, headlight switch on automatic, dark outside. I have pushed the turn signal stalk forward twice in less than two seconds. I am not seeing a change in the high beam icon on the instrument panel. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The high beam icon will turn off as you had double selected it. There should be another icon that is green that shows the high bean icon with an A on it indicating that auto high beams are now selected. Once that is done, your high means will automatically turn on and off as the vehicle decides when its dark outside.

I dont use it as i find even in town with lots of lighting that they turn on and off a lot. In town i can see quite well and pretty far so dont know why it thinks i need the high beams. That is personal preference though on that.

John52269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have a Yukon and use your fog lights, it will disable auto high beams.

Last edited:

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, that is something i hadnt considered. My tahoe does not have fog lights unfortunately.

John52269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2024 Yukon XL SLT equipped with Intellibeam high beams. I have read the owners manual. 25mph and above, headlight switch on automatic, dark outside. I have pushed the turn signal stalk forward twice in less than two seconds. I am not seeing a change in the high beam icon on the instrument panel. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
f you have a Yukon and use your fog lights, it will disable auto high beams.

OP
OP
J

JCSFPD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
John thank you. You were correct about needing to have the fog lights turned off. The Intellibeam worked fine after I turned them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20