Intake Manifold Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taholio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Fist post here, Let me start with a little biography bout my truck. It's a 2002 Tahoe 2WD, 5.3, 2LT. She has 140,000 California miles. Original everything, tranny, engine, etc.. I have done extensive maintenance on her through the years, new belts, hoses, plugs, TB Cleaning. Always put top quality brakes and tires on and have had no problems at all till now. Just recently it has started with a very rough idle and until it warms up has a rapidly blinking engine light. After 5 mins of driving it smooths out and the light stops. It has the same power it always has and I haven't noticed any drive ability problems or loss of power pulling the band trailer. I have done a search and my symptoms seem to match up with the intake gasket problem many others have had here. Doing the work is no problem but I want to see what you all think before I dig in. Thanks! ANd I appreciate the resource of the forums.

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
IRC the rapid light is limp mode. The rest sounds like what I had with a bad intake gasket. Have the trouble codes read and it will prolly have misfire and lean condition.

Use the Fel-Pro problem solver blue gaskets if you do them and check the knock sensors while the intake is off.

OP
OP
T

Taholio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Grebbler

Thanks for the advice. Today the check engine light blinked rapidly and then stayed on and won't go off. It does feel like limp mode when I hit the gas and frankly if I didn't know any better I'd say there was nothing wrong, but I do know better! I am going tomorrow to have the codes read and the cats checked also. I ordered the gaskets because I am sure it is part of the problem. SInce my last post I took some carb cleaner and sprayed it near the mating surfaces of the manifold and the engine sped up so yes it is the gaskets. BUT also it sounds like I have a knock now too. Could the intake cause all this hell? Or might I have a larger problem?

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660