Insurance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to an insurance company that insures cars for replacement cost without regard for market value? The Escalade build is almost complete. When finished, the work will amount to an almost total on-frame refurbished/restoration. I'll have about $25k invested. We plan to use the car as a daily driver and would like to insure it for replacement value for a car of similar condition. I checked with Haggarty, but the Escalade is too new to be insured as a classic car. Also, they don't insure daily drivers. Any suggestions?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I insurer my vehicles at agreed cash value with Hagerty Insurance Co.

Reaction score
Hagerty or Grundy. Both have agreed upon value coverage.

I use them on the 33 Ford and the 95 Mustang

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I insurer my vehicles at agreed cash value with Hagerty Insurance Co.
What age are your cars? I requested a quote from Hagerty and they declined saying my car doesn't meet their criteria for providing insurance. I presume it's too new.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What age are your cars? I requested a quote from Hagerty and they declined saying my car doesn't meet their criteria for providing insurance. I presume it's too new.
I have a 1969 ,1975 ,1996. I would call them on your situation I have been told they even insure drag vehicles but I'm pretty sure its for trailering and storage but comes off when in competition. I think also it depends what state vehicle is insured in. Gets complicated. I go thru my regular insurance company which still gives you muti vehicle discount on vehicles we drive every day. That brings up another thing you can't be using vehicle insured at Hagerty as daily driver maybe that is something you are running into.

Last edited:

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can get a ACV policy with just about any of the major companies. I had one with Progressive. I used to sell insurance for Allstate and State Farm. They both offered them but you had to call for an actual quote. That was about 10 years ago so I can't really say for this time period.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I think you can get a ACV policy with just about any of the major companies. I had one with Progressive. I used to sell insurance for Allstate and State Farm. They both offered them but you had to call for an actual quote. That was about 10 years ago so I can't really say for this time period.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to insurance. Can you tell me what ACV stands for?

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Allstate lets you cover ‘aftermarket Accessories’ maybe your build would fall into that Category?

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to insurance. Can you tell me what ACV stands for?
ACV is actual cash value. You and the insurer have to agree on that price. Some insurance companies will call it agreed cash value. You will probably have to call the companies to get one. They will want to inspect the car usually. Call your current insurer and ask them unless you are looking to change companies.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
ACV is actual cash value. You and the insurer have to agree on that price. Some insurance companies will call it agreed cash value. You will probably have to call the companies to get one. They will want to inspect the car usually. Call your current insurer and ask them unless you are looking to change companies.
Thanks. I guess I had my brain disengaged when I saw ACV. Should have guessed it means actual cash value. Here's the challenge I've been trying to overcome. I haven't found an insurance company who will insure a car for actual cash value if 1. It technically is not a collectable or classic and 2. It will be used as a daily driver. Most, like Hagerty, simply rejected my query without any detail. They just state "Your car does not meet our criteria."