Insurance adjustor came today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because of my wreck, an insurance adjuster took a look at my Tahoe today and, thanks to GM's high list prices + my upgraded (Escalade/Denali) parts...the check I got was $6,213.15

Unbelievably generous amount! After parts and labor (assuming I purchase the new parts I found online), I could still have $1200 left over, even AFTER I set aside $800 to pay for some insurance. I'll probably end up with less than that once you count a few shipping charges and price changes...but I'll still have a lot left over.

With that said...any suggestions? :Handshake:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Happy you got more than what you wanted because that it not the case for everyone.
Just do it a fifferent way, I used my accident to go a different route with my rear end.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've got a lot put back on the insurance part already...I'm kinda wanting to get some power running boards. :D

My dad DID say I could use this money for anything, and he'd be more than happy to try and install the power steps...I wonder if it's possible to add the OEM ones to it by splicing a few wires.

That and some HID fogs, maybe a BlackBear tune. Gotta order the repair parts first before I do anything!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM power running boards are not worth the hassle. There are some threads about it if you search around

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Probably not...what about adding the Platinum fascia to our Escalade? I really LOVE that look.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

What do you guys think about ordering a set of these wheels?

17800376_cadillac.jpg

I can get a set (no tires or center caps) for about the same price that I can sell my 20's for.

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the wheels, but only if the price is right. That money can get a lot done on ebay and other online stores these days. Glad it worked out.

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a tune maybe an exhaust and a corvette servo. I don't think that these rigs look good with steps unless they are lifted and actually need them. Just my .02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSTBLFKR43