Installing sub with stock Bose system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AL Yeager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I have 05 Yukon and added a sub and amp. I did not connect it to Bose factory. I kept stock speakers since they sound fine even with 2 12" subs. I use the "audio control lc1i line out converter and tapped off far rear cargo pillar speaker for signal to amp turn on for subs. Great little device. Check it out. There are cheaper less expensive loc's but this gives you much more control and ease of function.
That would be one way of running it. I figured going of the factory sub woofer lead was a better bet for cutting out high range, being low bass notes only.

bfishing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Z2 which behind the unit it has a set of "Subwoofer Preamp Outputs" I also have the peripheral integration adapter installed which retains the Bose Amp...Can I just hook up an external amp that will power my sub to the Z2's "Subwoofer Preamp Outputs"? Or am I just suppose to run an LOC from the Bose Amp?
Hey Brother I think you answered your own question I have a pioneer radio installed with the accessories to power my front bose woofer but still have the open rca output from the radio, so I'm thinking to setup the rear sub as your thinking and I'm sure it will work, yes you will need a pre-amp in place as well!

bfishing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did not look at the date you have in question, I guess you have solved your case in question by now, what was the solution?

DolphineasMcGee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did not look at the date you have in question, I guess you have solved your case in question by now, what was the solution?
If he has a preamp out, that will work. Using a LOC from the bose subwoofer or D pillar speakers will also work, although I would be hesitant to use the D Pillars because they might be EQ'd to only have high or mid frequencies.

DolphineasMcGee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Being a total newbie to this stuff (just got a 2003 Yuk), I'd like to learn from your experience..... what is the best path to run the connections from the center console back to the quarter panel ? I'm looking at putting a radio into the dash or console and am considering an antenna run to the quarter panel and then outside the body (maybe use a through window mount, or run out through the vent holes in the black corner panel that everyone seems to dislike). Any lessons learned or best ways to run it ? The more details the better. THANKS
Wiring paths are:
Use fish tape to go under carpet from console to B Pillar (cut a slit in the carpet at console, push fish tape to B billar under plastic running board things)
There is a flat spot up and to the left of the steering wheel ingress (looking from the engine bay) where you can put a bushing for running heavy gauge wire, it is metal
Wires can be run under the plastic running boards on either side of the vehicle. I was able to fit 4AWG wire without a problem.
Wires can be run from behind radio behind glove box to passenger side (push in the tabs on sides of glove box to release)
Wires can be run from behind radio behind instrument cluster to driver side (will need to use fish tape)

Updating old threads may not help the OP, but they can help people looking for information in the future. I'm in the process of upgrading and hope to post a thread when I'm complete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezze77