installing long tube headers on my 2002 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
header collector tube size question

I am looking to get a set of long tube headers. I already have true dual magnaflow exaust, and am about to change my cats because they are going out. the question I have is what size primary tube will provide the best results? 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? also will ceramic coating make a difference?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am looking to get a set of long tube headers. I already have true dual magnaflow exaust, and am about to change my cats because they are going out. the question I have is what size primary tube will provide the best results? 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? also will ceramic coating make a difference?

What size engine?

egrippe

Reaction score
So JennaBear 1 3/4 primaries are better then 1 7/8 on a 6.0? Also for those of you that have broken manifold bolts, have you been able to get most of them out with an easy out?

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So JennaBear 1 3/4 primaries are better then 1 7/8 on a 6.0? Also for those of you that have broken manifold bolts, have you been able to get most of them out with an easy out?

take a pair of needle-nose vise grips and a nut not much bigger than the bolt. Take your wire feed mig welder and fill in the nut, welding to what's left of the bolt. let it cool and back it out with a wrench. If that doesn't work use a right-angle drill and a set of left handed drill bits and easy outs. I had one broken before I started my header install. Luckily it was only the second hardest one to get to and not THE hardest-passenger side rear most bolt.

Front Street

Reaction score
How are the Pace Setters working out for you? I'm about to do a mild engine upgrade and LT's are in the budget, just curious how you like yours.

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long tube headers will always perform better. Shorty's are easier to install. There is always a trade off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo