Installing a new Pioneer and RP5 GM11 interface need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedi97420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello so I recently bought myself a 2005 Tahoe. I tried to install new Pioneer radio, RP5 GM11 interface, Pioneer amp and subwoofer. I do have the upgraded Bose sound system with a factory amp, I want to keep all the bose speakers and amp working just want to add a sub and an amp to run it. Got everything installed and went to test it and my RP5GM11 is getting power and the chime works but I have no power to my deck. I have pulled it apart and put it together 4 times now and I can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im confused the radio is getting power but its not powered?

ok anyway ill just try to go off what i know. first up if you had the bose system your wiring kit should have a black box in the wiring harness. if it doesn't thats your first problem however im assuming it does as you stated your chimes work and the black box now handles the chimes not the radio. now if i remember correctly you might have to find a different ground. believe i had the same problem with my 07 pontiac and an 04 envoy i did. the supplied ground in the kit doesn't go to the correct spot. i think the one i did was directly grounded with a separate ground wire. this can be tested with a basic multimeter. the ground should have good continuity to the chassis. red will have power with key on yellow with have power constantly. once its up and running you may run into another problem thats more annoying. on some systems it will still try to chime through the radio so you will end up with an echo chime. easily fixed by opening the black box in the harness and cut the internal speaker wires.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the "radio" fuse in the underhood fusebox good? Power on both test pins?

Also, pull the power connector off of the back of the new radio and check for ignition-on voltage at the pin that corresponds with the red wire in the harness from the PAC:

Capture.JPG

Might as well check the yellow one while you're at it. Be sure to use the same ground as the radio does, to verify ground continuity, like @drakon543 noted.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
threw me off wrong section
you must have something connected wrong
1. take the new radio and connect it to the battery and be sure it turns on.
2. test the voltage output from your pac adapter
yellow wire from pac adapter is constant power
red wire from pac adapter is accessory (turn-on) power
black wire from pac adapter is ground
easy peasy

OP
OP
J

Jedi97420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bad I just realized I posted In the wrong place. But thanks and I will go check the nu.bers and get back

Cryptothedog

Reaction score
I just hooked one of these harnesses up last weekend and I remember seeing in the instructions that you had to hook multiple power wires on the harness together....red and yellow or two yellow something like that. It says in the instructions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts