Installed My System...Details and Troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There really is only one harness for the two and four doors. The four door models have an amp that runs the speaker in the rear doors. IIRC, the pink wire in the secondary harness needs to see 12v to turn on the amp.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
There really is only one harness for the two and four doors. The four door models have an amp that runs the speaker in the rear doors. IIRC, the pink wire in the secondary harness needs to see 12v to turn on the amp.

you do remember correctly. and they are the same harness guys. still a front and rear channel. theres not 6 sets of wires on the factory radio.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i think you're right

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So...Check my pink wire? LOL.

Like I said it all work when I hook it back up to my OEM DECK.
When I orignally installed in TV DECK it worked too. But when I sold it, I also sold the Harness too. Therefore New Harness (that I ordered) and New Deck = No Rear Door Speakers.

Backon4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
power antenna wire or remote from the radio to the pink wire. and you are set as far as the air horn, how many volts is your alternator putting out. Also be sure to check your grounds. A bad ground will cause tons of problems.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power antenna wire or remote from the radio to the pink wire. and you are set as far as the air horn, how many volts is your alternator putting out. Also be sure to check your grounds. A bad ground will cause tons of problems.

Huh?

Do you mean...hook up the Power Antenna Wire ( I know I didn't use it b/c I don't have it OR Splice the pink wire inot the remote (blue)?

Air Horn... Hmm Volts good questions. I on my power cap it reads as low as 13.4 and as high as 14.39 (depends on the song).

If so I'll hook it up to Alt machine hopefully on Thursday if time permits AND I get her back. When hooking up to the ALT Machine should I crank my music like always, hit the horn and record the data?

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
Huh?

Do you mean...hook up the Power Antenna Wire ( I know I didn't use it b/c I don't have it OR Splice the pink wire inot the remote (blue)?

Air Horn... Hmm Volts good questions. I on my power cap it reads as low as 13.4 and as high as 14.39 (depends on the song).

If so I'll hook it up to Alt machine hopefully on Thursday if time permits AND I get her back. When hooking up to the ALT Machine should I crank my music like always, hit the horn and record the data?

Take the pink and connect it to the remote wire. or if you plan on doing a four channel, then just do the amp bypass. either way, sounds like its not connected.

as for the air horn.. you dont have a tank and compressor? is it just a compressor?

350VortecSSCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would run a tank for that too, remember you are running more power than usual to your car...from the soundsystem, to the motor and lights and switches, amps, horn, a tank will only sustain normal quality sound all the time...try it out like a 3-5 gallon tank.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
yea, try getting a tank. at the dropped voltage the compressor may not be working to its potential.

honestly, disconnect the power from the system and see if your airhorn sounds better. if not, you may have fried the compressor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e