Installed My System...Details and Troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my System during Sprink Break...took me 6 hrs to do lol (I was also working on other cars and mail trucks that came into the shop as well)

I built an amp rack under the seat like a previous member did here on the forums. I did drill holes in it to hide the wires.

I down graded my Pioneer AVH-6400DVD 6.5" Flip out for a Pionner 3000ib H/U in order to fund my Double Din Fiberglass install in the summer.

I bought the 0 Guage Kicker Amp Kit you guys recommended and KICKER themselves was very helpful with a few problems I incurred during the install.

OrignallY I was going to hook up my 5.0 Farad Power Cap to both AMPS (One mono block and one 4 ch.) But I decided just to hook it up to my Mono block as it will pull greater power then the 4 Ch ever will. PLUS I ran out of time to run the 4 Ch. Amp anyways. But its mounted and awaiting connection.

Problems I have now...

1) My Air Horns sound like shit...like a dying duck to be exact. I am running a Optima Yellow Top. My Stereo connection is hooked up to the top post and my Power for my mini compressor is hooked up to the side post. Even when I shut off my stereo...air horns still sound lame! VVVWHY?

2) I got the Plug N Play harness for the H/U Install. All I had to do was match wires from the Harness to the H/U Harness then plug it into the OEM harness. MY REAR DOOR SPEAKERS DON'T WORK! I went over all the wires again and they still don't work. I even plugged in my OEM radio and they still work...It sounds fine w/o it (bc I installed aftermarket speakers in roof in the back) but it just bothers me...Should I just wait till I run my 4 channel amp?

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would lead to believe, lack of voltage. On rear speakers, don't worry about it, if you have a 4 channel amp, get it hooked up. But then you only run into MORE voltage loss. Check connection on horns....IMHO, instead of a cap, get a second batt designated for the sound system.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics...just rough mock up...I won't have the final install pics till tom night.

Please execuse my BL Case...its all they had at the Gas Station en route to College Party.

MILLER LITE FTMFW!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 118

CodeB4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) My Air Horns sound like shit...like a dying duck to be exact. I am running a Optima Yellow Top. My Stereo connection is hooked up to the top post and my Power for my mini compressor is hooked up to the side post. Even when I shut off my stereo...air horns still sound lame! VVVWHY? Was the air horn and pump a kit? or is the pump to small of CFM for the horns? I have seen the brand of horn is what makes that funky noise and i seen to small a CFM pump for the horns which make them sound weak.

2) I got the Plug N Play harness for the H/U Install. All I had to do was match wires from the Harness to the H/U Harness then plug it into the OEM harness. MY REAR DOOR SPEAKERS DON'T WORK! I went over all the wires again and they still don't work. I even plugged in my OEM radio and they still work...It sounds fine w/o it (bc I installed aftermarket speakers in roof in the back) but it just bothers me...Should I just wait till I run my 4 channel amp?Are all the audio channels in the H/U working? No wire pins loose?

:)

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking real good!

I had the same problem with my rear door speakers and I knew I hooked them up correctly. I pulled the stereo out, checked connections and re-installed. Worked fine. No clue why it works now and not before since all the connections were perfect and tight. There is barely any room behind the stereo so maybe something was pinched. Are you sure you have the pink wire from the factory harness going to the blue power antenna wire from the aftermarket harness? That would be my first check.

CodeBFUs answer to your air horn problem would be mine as well.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In response...The Horns worked Flawlessy before the stereo install. Even in the city where I sit on it to scare the shit out of everyone and point out the ******* wrong doings for a while it holds.

Now its nothing!

Speakers: I picked up the Schematics the wireharness via Alldata and it looks like from factory that the speakers in trunk area are wired to the rear doors. But on the harness I recieved in the Mail...its missing two wires. I assumed they sent me one from a 2 dr and I called to complain and they told me I'm the only one with the problem and thats the only harness they make! Basically telling me to **** off!!!!

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are definately 2 different harnesses. One for 2 door and one for 4 door. They are full of crap.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew they were...gonna send them e-mail and go from there. I don't have time now to do such complaining right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645