09 tahoe tccm location...details in description

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suedburger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have no lights on on tranfercase switch(on dash)...preexisting problem was that we couldn't put in in 4wd....i've replaced switch already.....Now the new problem is it somehow ended up in 4 low when we went out today...any suggestions ...i do have the replacement motor for on transfer case but i was thinking of trying the tccm first as i cannot return elect. components...where is it located....also is there any thing special i have to do or is it just plug and play(motor and tccm

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have no lights on on tranfercase switch(on dash)...preexisting problem was that we couldn't put in in 4wd....i've replaced switch already.....Now the new problem is it somehow ended up in 4 low when we went out today...any suggestions ...i do have the replacement motor for on transfer case but i was thinking of trying the tccm first as i cannot return elect. components...where is it located....also is there any thing special i have to do or is it just plug and play(motor and tccm
It's under the dash in the same bracket as the BCM. A new one must be programmed to the vehicle.

You really ought to properly diagnose this without throwing parts at it. If you have an IPhone, you can download the Car Scanner app from the Apple Store and use an OBDII adapter to pull the internal codes. My Foseal adapter allows the app to pull BCM and Chassis/Brake codes as well as Engine.

OP
OP
S

suedburger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i hit it lucky....Autozone has a TCCM for under $200...Dorman 599-192...it does not need to be programmed professionally. Plug 2 big plugs in first, then the small one last, turn key on on click(ignition off), set parking brake, put vehicle in N, turn 4wd knob to 2h for 5 sec., then turn and hold to N for 30 secs......then problem solved...happy trails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts