Installed eonon head unit. Static from speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ny_summit

Reaction score
2007 gmc yukon xl denali with factory navi and bose.

I just installed a head unit from eonon model #GMA12S-6G. Theres a static playing from the speakers that will stop if i mute the radio or volume 0. I aslo noticed the radio is pretty loud. Even level 1 is louder than it should be. Im not too familiar with electronics and wiring but the whole thing was plug and play.

I did email customer service but wanted to see if anyone here had a similar or issue or might know what the issue is. I've done some research I've found some older forums where they say its because of the bose system.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the source of the static is, but an aftermarket head unit and Bose speakers most likely created an impedance mismatch. Most aftermarket head units are tuned for 4 Ohm speakers, and Bose speakers are usually in the neighborhood of 2 Ohms. This will overdrive your head unit's power amplifier, and this is most likely why the sound appears to be louder, even at low volumes.

On my 07 Yukon XL Denali, I replaced the entire Bose system with an aftermarket system with all components compatible with each other.

OP
OP
ny_summit

ny_summit

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the source of the static is, but an aftermarket head unit and Bose speakers most likely created an impedance mismatch. Most aftermarket head units are tuned for 4 Ohm speakers, and Bose speakers are usually in the neighborhood of 2 Ohms. This will overdrive your head unit's power amplifier, and this is most likely why the sound appears to be louder, even at low volumes.

On my 07 Yukon XL Denali, I replaced the entire Bose system with an aftermarket system with all components compatible with each other.
Thanks for the reply. From the research I've done seems the bose system is usually the issue. They advertise that's its plug and play and works with factory bose system. Still waiting for them to reply. Other than that everything is working.

OP
OP
ny_summit

ny_summit

Reaction score
Well the company contacted me, they helped me lower the volume through the radio settings. But I still have static they recommended me to ground the radio to the frame of the vehicle

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the company contacted me, they helped me lower the volume through the radio settings. But I still have static they recommended me to ground the radio to the frame of the vehicle
Give their recommendation a try, though I'm not sure that it will resolve your issue.

OP
OP
ny_summit

ny_summit

Reaction score
Give their recommendation a try, though I'm not sure that it will resolve your issue.
Seems like you were right. I attached a wire to the ground pin that they told me to use. Anywhere on the vehicle I touched the other end to made an additional static sound with a low pitched buzzing sound as well. So I believe the ground isn't the issue.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like you were right. I attached a wire to the ground pin that they told me to use. Anywhere on the vehicle I touched the other end to made an additional static sound with a low pitched buzzing sound as well. So I believe the ground isn't the issue.
That is what I thought might happen, as you created a ground loop doing that.

OP
OP
ny_summit

ny_summit

Reaction score
That is what I thought might happen, as you created a ground loop doing that.
I had Amazon send me a replacement and there's still the static/ white noise. So I'm assuming it's something with my truck. I spoke to a couple people on a fb group that have the same head unit in their denali with no issues. I'm not that experienced with electronics so I'm not sure what can be causing the static.

After doing more research it seems that's it's actually more of a hiss from the speakers rather than a static. From the reading I've done seems the amp on the new head unit is adding to the factory amp for the bose. That's why everything was much louder and having a louder hiss

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Amazon send me a replacement and there's still the static/ white noise. So I'm assuming it's something with my truck. I spoke to a couple people on a fb group that have the same head unit in their denali with no issues. I'm not that experienced with electronics so I'm not sure what can be causing the static.

After doing more research it seems that's it's actually more of a hiss from the speakers rather than a static. From the reading I've done seems the amp on the new head unit is adding to the factory amp for the bose. That's why everything was much louder and having a louder hiss
That is entirely possible, if it is just a hiss that you were hearing. That is totally different than static. I am assuming that there are input gain controls on the Bose amp, but I have not dealt with one to any extent. But, if those gain controls exist on the Bose amp, then turning down the gain should reduce the hiss.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a module you have to buy for the bose amp. It's on crutchfield, if they are aftermarket speakers the ohms are off from bose factory amp and aftermarket speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts