INPUT ON TRANS PAN DROP, FILTER, GASKET & FLUID CHANGE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hello Geotrash,

The Sonnax imidized checkballs are part number 10000-08. I saw them in various places on the internet for around $15 for a bag of 8-10.

I purchased a GM 24236934 Plate Kit, Control Solenoid Valve Filter to get the various seals and such for the valve body, and the filter plate for the TECHM. As well, there was a bag of OEM check balls in it. This kit is around $38 on the internet.

Good Luck!

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen guys that say unbolting the rear tranny mount, and then putting a jack on the tail of the tranny, will lift the tranny just enough to get the pan out clearing the exhaust. I have not done this, but have seen it done on a couple youtube videos.

Also, if you know for sure you are going to be replacing the tranny pan for one with a drain. I would drill a hole into the bottom of the old pan, and let it drain.. way less mess.

I agree but I didn't want my drill to be covered in tranny fluid as I drilled the hole, anyway for me It was easy to put my aluminum jack and jack the exhaust down. Maybe a combo of the two methods would be the best give even more clearance.

Power_Dr

Reaction score
I was going to do a filter and flush on my transmission, but I have a question about the flush. I have seen a lot of youtube videos on people connecting a hose to the upper trans line at the radiator and flushing the fluid out, but I have a 2019 and from what I have read there is a thermostat on the transmission that will bypass the cooler lines until the fluid temp reaches 180+. so how does the fluid flush out if it is bypassed from the cooler lines? Do you have to get it up to temp and then it will come out the cooler lines at the radiator?

SpineDock

Reaction score
I was going to do a filter and flush on my transmission, but I have a question about the flush. I have seen a lot of youtube videos on people connecting a hose to the upper trans line at the radiator and flushing the fluid out, but I have a 2019 and from what I have read there is a thermostat on the transmission that will bypass the cooler lines until the fluid temp reaches 180+. so how does the fluid flush out if it is bypassed from the cooler lines? Do you have to get it up to temp and then it will come out the cooler lines at the radiator?
I don’t know the answer to your question, it’s a good question however, I just did my fluid and filter last weekend using the upper transmission line and it spit out a good 4.5 quarts of dirty a** fluid and the truck hadn’t been started since the day before. I got 4.5 out of the pan so I’m happy as a clam now.
It was so easy to do on the upper trans line. Hope you’re able to also.

jdwood1111

Reaction score
I don’t know the answer to your question, it’s a good question however, I just did my fluid and filter last weekend using the upper transmission line and it spit out a good 4.5 quarts of dirty a** fluid and the truck hadn’t been started since the day before. I got 4.5 out of the pan so I’m happy as a clam now.
It was so easy to do on the upper trans line. Hope you’re able to also.
Did you do the slight bending of the exhaust to get the pan off and out? I’m mustering up the strength to try and do the valve body and rebuild the TECHM.

SpineDock

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones who was able to remove it without messing with the exhaust.
I had the jack stand ready with the ratchet strap nearby just in case.
I did have to wiggle and twist and reset and slide the pan for about 5 minutes and then… voila!
The kicker for me was pushing the front of the pan upwards along with the two unclipped transmission lines which allowed the rear of the pan to drop down just enough.
After reading a couple incredible posts on here with transmission rebuilds, I might tackle this at 100k or 150k if she lets me get there.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones who was able to remove it without messing with the exhaust.
I had the jack stand ready with the ratchet strap nearby just in case.
I did have to wiggle and twist and reset and slide the pan for about 5 minutes and then… voila!
The kicker for me was pushing the front of the pan upwards along with the two unclipped transmission lines which allowed the rear of the pan to drop down just enough.
After reading a couple incredible posts on here with transmission rebuilds, I might tackle this at 100k or 150k if she lets me get there.
I think the 2015+ (newer body style) has just a hair more room for the pan removal..
The 2014's and down are a *****... The exhaust can be "jacked up" enough to get the
pan out without actually removing the exhaust... Thankfully on mine, i have headers and kooks
Y pipe with cats.. So it's easy now even with my monster cast alum hi capacity pan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt